+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conversational question with the single mom with kids

Conversational question with the single mom with kids

I just have a question and looking for some advice on a topic. I got asked to hang out one night with a girl I had been talking with off on dating site. I felt we clicked. I know when I like someone and feel I am interested in her. There are 3 children which I knew this before sending her a MSG. We got together 2 more times since meeting and I feel we get along well, she bought me dinner one night. Kinda feel thats a good sign. I've offered her to come over for dinner one night, prob cook out. I did meet the kids (they were going to bed when i went over) and 2nd time they remebered my name and wanted to talk which I was fine with.

My question is I try and keep contact with somone I am interested in. I've noticed shes texted me only times on her own, normal I'll ask hows her day or some general talk. I do keep in the back of my head there are 3 kids so she prob is not attached to her phone like an 18yo girl lol. Would anyone get bored if somone normaly had to keep making conversation? Not sure if shes not a big talker over the phone, in person shes non stop with me. Just wondering if I should ask this or keep maintaing my normal mid afternoon hellos and small talk or try somthing different?

After she has seen me each time she has asked to text her when I get home and normaly 15-20 mins after I leave she has said she was happy to see me. I do feel she interested based off the signs and being closer to me in person.

I have my own time when I am busy also and can't respond. I do not like to seem needy but I do like to talk with somone if I do find myself liking them. Just looking for some advice. Possibly I should only make contact every other day. Always hate the beining of tring to figure out some vs showing ignoring signs.

thanks in advance

BTW both divorced same age 28
    Last edited by oldskool83; 10-07-12 at 09:30 PM.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    just one question, what's her name and how old are the kids?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

this does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    this does not matter.
    Name no, ages perhaps.

I can understand she probably doesn't have a lot of time for text conversation, 3 kids are a handful. Maybe just drop the texting and work on actual dates?
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

1, 4, 6. evenings seem to be more open to texting, just trying to keep some contact to show interest because i am.

@sonrisa

"Whats her name"??? thats not your business. whats that for stupid question!!!

And thats 2 questions!
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

@ Tw

I dont know i can speak for to the woman. If u have 3 kids u suposed not to
    let your dates meet them that soon.
    As single partent people may see u as a easy target.
    I think she is stupid for letting u seeher kids while u neater her dont know what u are going to do with each other.

How old are the kids? If they are underage , im shore she works to! So how can she have time to text you 24/7?
    Her kids and job have all priority.
    And is this your first date? cause u most know a woman wait always for the guy to step up!
    Like call her every day and stuff.

And only she can answer u some of those questions.
    So next time u meet, just ask her spontaneous, what she is looking for, and how she see u 2.
    Questions like that. so she can tell you what she is looking for right naw.

If u are getting to know her, u cant ask to much.
    U can only get to know her and ask what she is looking for.
    Maybe she just want a friend .

And what ever it is, she shore have to be careful, so i dont blame her whatever her reason is.somehow.
    Its always some kind of creepy to meet people on the internet.

I dont know i can speak for to the woman. If u have 3 kids u suposed not to
    let your dates meet them that soon.

(they were going to bed when i got invited over 2nd time and the 3rd time jr answered the door to later go out side and play) def not a big deal in my book, if he went in a says hey mom im here.

As single partent people may see u as a easy target.
    I think she is stupid for letting u seeher kids while u neater her dont know what u are going to do with each other.

(you think shes stupid because you think you have all the answer) if you invite sum1 over and dont have a baby sitter and do want to see the person your gonna do what you need to do.

How old are the kids?
    (i see you clearly can read my above posts on ages and i feel no reason to repeate the ages for your visual needs)

If they are underage , im shore she works to!
    (well not shit they are under age, shes 28.....did you read or are you blind in 1 eye?)

So how can she have time to text you 24/7?
    (did i even ask her to text me 24/7....not at all. I simpled posted about keeping conversation to show i am interested)

Her kids and job have all priority.
    (my comment for 1st post i knew this messaging ger know the amount of children involved....if this were a problem i wouldnt of send her a msg weeks prior)

And is this your first date? cause u most know a woman wait always for the guy to step up!

(i saw her 3 times again you didnt rear at all) I text her normaly everyday to keep converation and ask when she can plan somthing.....you def didnt read my post about inviting her over for dinner. Theres nothing for me to have pussitious on and step up if i already did step up.

Like call her every day and stuff.
    (really dont you think textin is quick and easier then calling if shes watching or running kids around, seriouly i dont need to call unless its an emergency)

And only she can answer u some of those questions.
    So next time u meet, just ask her spontaneous, what she is looking for, and how she see u 2.
    Questions like that. so she can tell you what she is looking for right naw.

i asked her this stuff 1st day we meet. not asking how sum1 is supose to see me when they own a car and can drive.

thanks for the posting but it didnt provide anything realy for positive advice but you pointed me out to be made to look like a fool.

If u are getting to know her, u cant ask to much.
    U can only get to know her and ask what she is looking for.
    Maybe she just want a friend .
    (she told me shes looking for a committed man who wants to be there and do things with her, not for her)

And what ever it is, she shore have to be careful, so i dont blame her whatever her reason is.somehow.
    Its always some kind of creepy to meet people on the internet.

She 1st asked me to hang out i decided if i blew her off for another time id never get to meet her.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have to agree that it was interesting that she has you meeting the kids so soon. It shows a certain sense of frivolity when a woman is willing to let men into their kid's lives so soon, before there is any sense of him sticking around. I told my teenage kids that they won't be meeting any man I date unless the man is *really* important to me.

That said, she is probably too busy to text as often as you'd like.
    Last edited by vashti; 12-07-12 at 11:37 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Hell if I know. Guess a hi, how is your day going would be nice. Not really asking for much I don't ever hold high hopes with anyone I meet. Too many come to realize they have no idea what they really want other then some quick attention and I wont be anyone attention.

Had a bunch of good signs but like I said Hell if I know. I find theres a 2 week period if you can get to see them past that you might stand a shot for 1 month, if not its gonna fail every time due to somes lack of whatever........

I do only text sum1 once and will only reply again once I receive one back, times vary few mins to hour or so depending on how important i feel the conversational topic is. if it is later at night when i need to go to bed i say its time for me to sleep. I do not make a formal habbit of texting good mornings and good nights to people who i breifly know. Dont feel like wasting my engery or time unless i can see its truely wanted.
    Last edited by oldskool83; 12-07-12 at 07:48 PM.

ive choosen to let this go, i had date ideas plans and offered but due to asking she schedule for the week and receive and text saying she is not good her friend died in a cycle accident there is honestly no point in even talkin more now. the next week or 2 will be entirely messed up. as much as id like to see her again i realize death happen and can be hard i also realize it could be an excuse as this has happened before.

my reply back was simple, sorry for your loss, maybe some other time. she said yeah. she can contact me from now on when she feel better or wants to talk. i feel if i text her anymore now im just another problem thrown in the pot.

i dont like dating anymore honestly.

Way to walk away without making it dramatic. Most of the people asking advice here post after 3-4 months of begging, stalking, and being all around undesirable.

If she contacts you later, awesome, if not, you walked away completely intact.
    Last edited by Cerby; 13-07-12 at 11:21 PM.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I have to agree that it was interesting that she has you meeting the kids so soon. It shows a certain sense of frivolity when a woman is willing to let men into their kid's lives so soon, before there is any sense of him sticking around.
    I'd go beyond 'interesting' and call it a red flag unless it was chance you met those kids (say outside at a park). If she can't set boundaries for her kids, she's not going to with you or other adults.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yeah man, would be great. But not kidding myself or giving false hope. I liked her, I tried, Next.

did see in the news cycle rider was killed in her town....prob is not a lie...im still leaving it go if and when she wants to talk to me.
    Last edited by oldskool83; 14-07-12 at 12:43 AM.

i think you are bored and retarded. she can better invest time in a real men! CAUSE IF IS LIKE you talk on the forum u talk to her,
    u are a waist of time! You got to much issues!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast