+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to dump a nice girl

how to dump a nice girl

Hello, i will make it short

I met my GF about 9 months ago, and we have a relation of 9 month, she is the nicest person, and I like her.

For some reasons (i dont want to go through them), I can't continue with her, and at the same time I can't just tell her its over, that will be too harsh, and I won't reward her for being great and understanding in this horrible way.

I need some advice, tell me how can I make her get bored and don't like me anymore, in other words, I want her to dump me, a long term plan.

please I don't want anyone telling me to be brave and tell her, I just can't.

thnx

Stop being a pussy. The longer you wait the harder it will be for her.

If she loves you, she won't be quick to end the relationship and are you really willing to make her life miserable for 6 months or more?
    I don't chase, I replace.

I think it is easy, if you like someone, what you do is you try to build common areas of interest, spend more time together.
    Now you can do the oppisite, try gradually to reduce the time you spend with her, reduce your calls, pretend you are busy, delay or not reply her messages or emails.

"You're a great person, I just don't share the same feelings as you, you deserve better, it's over and cannot be resolved, I have my reasons... " pick one... just end it. It's going to be ugly, there will be tears... and there isn't much you can do about it.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

The problem with asking for advice and then limiting the answers, paul, is that you want us to ignore the best advice and ask for us to give you advice that none of us believe in. Cain's excellent response is your first taste of what happens when you try to do that here!

I suppose I could give you a few tips on how to alienate this poor girl and drive her away, but I won't because that is chicken-s**t beyond belief.

If you feel you have to leave her for your "secret" reasons (I suspect there is another girl involved there somewhere) then own up to it ... tell her you are sorry, give her words of encouragement, then leave her alone. The best advice I can give you (for her sake) is that once you break up, disappear from her life! It will help her get over you more quickly and limit her pain.

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldi View Post
    I think it is easy, if you like someone, what you do is you try to build common areas of interest, spend more time together.
    Now you can do the oppisite, try gradually to reduce the time you spend with her, reduce your calls, pretend you are busy, delay or not reply her messages or emails.
    Goldi, I can't believe you are trying to help him do such a despicable thing!

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldi View Post

Word of advice... yes this approach may work... but so does stabbing her in the heart... either way, she'll leave you alone... and both will damage her in some way.

She's a big girl, she can handle the truth. Nothing worse than knowing a guy dumped you and wouldn't tell you why. She could spend months or more, wondering what all the lies meant --- wondering what the real reason was.

Spare her the agony and just tell her why you're leaving... so she'll know and can move on quicker.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    The problem with asking for advice and then limiting the answers, paul, is that you want us to ignore the best advice and ask for us to give you advice that none of us believe in. Cain's excellent response is your first taste of what happens when you try to do that here!
    Thanks carl,
    I have just confissed that i don't have the courage, so limiting the answers because I already know one, but I feel its the worst.

If you feel you have to leave her for your "secret" reasons (I suspect there is another girl involved there somewhere) then own up to it
    My reasons don't involve any girl at all, I will be completely alone, and will be like that for a long period.

... tell her you are sorry, give her words of encouragement, then leave her alone. The best advice I can give you (for her sake) is that once you break up, disappear from her life! It will help her get over you more quickly and limit her pain.
    Carl.
    This is the exact response i was running from.

Goldi, I can't believe you are trying to help him do such a despicable thing!

Carl.
    I was thinking that Goldi gave me the best response, why do you think its despicable?
    Don't you think its less harsh than giving her the bomb?

Paul, goldi gave you the response you were hoping for ... the one that lets you off the hook.

BUT, even if you drive her away, she will still wonder what she did to make you do that ... so driving her away won't work, and it will place the blame on her in her mind.

So I think it's despicable because it leaves her feeling like it was somehow her fault ... "what did I do to make him act this way?" That's her natural reaction unless she thinks you are some kind of "Jekyll and Hyde."

She's a great girl ... doesn't she deserve your honesty at the end?

Carl.

Paul, goldi gave you the response you were hoping for ... the one that lets you off the hook.

BUT, even if you drive her away, she will still wonder what she did to make you do that ... so driving her away won't work, and it will place the blame on her in her mind.

So I think it's despicable because it leaves her feeling like it was somehow her fault ... "what did I do to make him act this way?" That's her natural reaction unless she thinks you are some kind of "Jekyll and Hyde."

She's a great girl ... doesn't she deserve your honesty at the end?

Carl.
    Yes she does, I think I will take some time to build up some courage.

thanks Carl.

I don't like the "you're a great person. You desire better" approach. It's too cliche to sound sincere.

I would simply be straightforward about it. She probably knew something was wrong anyway. "(name here), I going to let this go. I (want this blah blah blah said here). I enjoyed (whatever here) but (need/want/desire here). You kinda knew we weren't a great match and it's not cool for me to use any more of your time thus preventing you from finding that better match. If you want to be friends I would like that and maybe we can give each other advice in the future. I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do for you right now to help you deal with this? Okay, take care."
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I don't like the "you're a great person. You desire better" approach. It's too cliche to sound sincere.

I would simply be straightforward about it. She probably knew something was wrong anyway. "(name here), I going to let this go. I (want this blah blah blah said here). I enjoyed (whatever here) but (need/want/desire here). You kinda knew we weren't a great match and it's not cool for me to use any more of your time thus preventing you from finding that better match. If you want to be friends I would like that and maybe we can give each other advice in the future. I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do for you right now to help you deal with this? Okay, take care."
    I strongly disagree with the part of lesa's post in bold. If you have to let her go, then let her go completely. Encouraging her to settle for a friendship when what she wants is you as a romantic partner is cruel, she doesn't need "love scraps" and she needs to move on.

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_mot View Post
    This is the exact response i was running from.

Well... sometimes... responsibility really, really sucks... but you gotta do what you gotta do.. right?

How you let her go will determine what kind of lesson she learns from the parting... you'll probably mess this up... make it hurt a little more than it needs to... but so long as you tried to be honest and as mindful of her feelings as is reasonable, then you've owned up to your responsibilities.

You both need to learn why the breakup happened... and you'll be robbing her of that knowledge if you don't tell her the truth.

- James Allen

I understand this. 9 times out of 10 she will probably say no. But the friendship is a temporary or uhh "not true friendship" one for her to seek advice and learn from the relationship rather than leave her being clueless. In other words, it's used for making improvements. They would not be real friends and contacting and hanging out with each other. It for learning and coping. He is ending a good relationship with a good person that happens to not be a match. This was not an abusive or cheating relationship. Being friends with a ex for advice purposes is a great signs of a cool person. She will set the tone but he will not give her hope. She will likely not speak to him for many months but ending like that speaks volume about his character. He didn't just literally dumped her. They were simply not a great match that's all.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Well... sometimes... responsibility really, really sucks... but you gotta do what you gotta do.. right?

How you let her go will determine what kind of lesson she learns from the parting... you'll probably mess this up... make it hurt a little more than it needs to... but so long as you tried to be honest and as mindful of her feelings as is reasonable, then you've owned up to your responsibilities.

You both need to learn why the breakup happened... and you'll be robbing her of that knowledge if you don't tell her the truth.
    yep exactly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast