+ Follow This Topic

Thread: photoshop difficulty

anachronistic Guest

photoshop difficulty

i am in the middle of making my own little chimera. first time i have ever designed a creature like this. i am just doing it for fun.

anyways, the problem i have, is i don't know how to blend the antelope neck with the giraffe neck. i have tried the healing brush, blur, smudge, and even pasting and scaling a piece of neck over it, and ****ed with the opacity. i am not sure.. can anotehr photoshop whiz guide me through it or tell me what i can do?

don't mind all the shitty things on it, like the imbalanced shadow on the neck, and the painted up background lol. i can fix those.

[URL="http://www.angelfire.com/planet/lilwing89/sillything.jpg"]a link to it[/URL] if you need the original file. (it is a jpeg. i already merged the layers.)

Photoshop my ass. That's very clearly a photo of a Girantalopican
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TDurden View Post
    Photoshop my ass. That's very clearly a photo of a Girantalopican
    LOL

haha I like it. But i'm stumped; I wouldn't have this problem cos I never merge layers.. heh that explains why my projects folder is almost 8 gb.. actually, the one on my imac is 32...
    anyway, i think I'd try to stamp the gazelle's neck further down (on a separate layers), and then put a mask on that layer, and then use a really big soft brush on the mask to fade it.

I would have given you exactly the advice Aegis gave you, if I weren't choking on my beer from that post TDurden made. I literally have tears running down my cheeks from laughing.

Ben, you crack me up.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    haha I like it. But i'm stumped; I wouldn't have this problem cos I never merge layers.. heh that explains why my projects folder is almost 8 gb.. actually, the one on my imac is 32...
    anyway, i think I'd try to stamp the gazelle's neck further down (on a separate layers), and then put a mask on that layer, and then use a really big soft brush on the mask to fade it.
    i havent used masks or anything like that. ever.

i will have to crack open a tutorial when i am done writing things on the back of senior pictures.

a basic mask on a layer is really simple though- just select your layer and click the little mask icon at the bottom of the layer palette. You'll get a little mask thumbnail next to the layer thumbnail. Make sure the mask thumb is selected, then simply draw in it with the brush tool. You can only draw black or white. White is gonna show the image, and black is going to mask it -- OR the other way around, depending on your preferences. All the greys between full white and full black are different transparencies, depending on the shade.

Hmm...aren't you the nonsensical asshole who said that I stole my work from a tutorial?

I think you should point out exactly where that was, you cock. As far as I'm concerned, this is 100% mine: [url]http://www.whitepaperclip.com/files/flowers.jpg[/url]

-KZ

P.S. - I'm going to end you.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dono View Post
    Hmm...aren't you the nonsensical asshole who said that I stole my work from a tutorial?

I think you should point out exactly where that was, you cock. As far as I'm concerned, this is 100% mine: [url]http://www.whitepaperclip.com/files/flowers.jpg[/url]

-KZ

P.S. - I'm going to end you.
    it wasnt that one. infact, i don't remember seeing that one. ever. but it sucks anyways.

pshh this post makes me laugh . you claimed it was yours, when infact it was not. unless you made the tutorial, which by the way was WAY before you started visiting this forum again.

you know what? go ahead. end me. i am sooooo scared.

Are you going to point out exactly where I plagiarized or are you going to continue to act like a moron?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dono View Post
    Are you going to point out exactly where I plagiarized or are you going to continue to act like a moron?
    maybe i will try to look for it when you shut the **** up with all your nonsensical bullshit.

who are you talking to, moogle? I don't see any posts there. *shrug*.. odd.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    maybe i will try to look for it when you shut the **** up with all your nonsensical bullshit.
    "Nonsensical bullshit?" Are you going to start taking my lines now, too? I'm sure you can easily manage finding a link without whining like a suck-ass pussy.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    who are you talking to, moogle? I don't see any posts there. *shrug*.. odd.
    hmm, i must be hallucinating. i do have the flu you know.. thanks for pointing that out.

hey i managed to make it to school during lunch today. and now i am at work. starting to feel better. *sighs pleasurably*

glad to hear it I just had a cold myself, actually.