Some good opinions here and I need some feedback from my online friends...

If you've been following my saga with the self-proclaimed 'nut-case girl,' you'll know my situation. She hit me, spit on me and I had her arrested. She's out of jail now but has nowhere to go, and is looking for a place but it's over.

I need a change in life, alone is fine, but with someone is prefered. I've lived in Hollywood for many years now and I'm wondering if that's not part of the problem. Everybody wants to be a star, either in music, TV or movies. Life is not real here. Too many temptations and everything that you've ever heard about L.A. is true.

I have an opportunity to buy a very nice house in Gulf Shores, Alabama near the beach and near my family for less than half of what I'm paying here in rent on a small apartment. I guess my fear is that I won't be able to eventually meet someone there. Not in a hurry, especially after this ordeal, but I don't want to be alone forever. Anybody know anything about that area? Any singles down there or is everybody happily married with 2.5 kids and a white picket fence living the American dream, unlike Hollywoood? There are so many singles here, but there're all the same; Flakes and nut cases. I'm leaning towards moving and taking a chance. The risk would be personal, not financial (that part makes sense)

Opinions?