+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Moving?

Moving?

What does it mean when a guy you've been dating a few weeks throws this out one day: "I might be moving to CA in 6 months" with no other comment. The next time he asked me out I didn't respond for a while.. I was very leery of why he really said it (i.e., trying to get rid of me, make sure I don't take things seriously...). I finally called him. He sounded angry. I told him I was sorry I didnt get back to him sooner but I had been really busy. He said he thought it was really rude and told me he thought to himself "Well I guess that's that.. guess she's not interested anymore". I said "not at all" and apologized again and asked if he still wanted to get together over the weekend. He sheepishly said "yes". When we did get together I told him the real reason I hestitated answering was bcuz I was not sure I wanted to go any further with the relationship if he's just going to be moving in a few months (I was already diggin him Big Time). His response: "Well it's not definite at all".

He was very confusing always, but I guess I'm just wondering in general if guys say something like that because they are trying to get rid of a girl...

Just keep pressuring him to tell you why he said that. I think you'll know the real reason when he tells it to you.

I can't think of any reason I would say something like that other than if I was stressed about it, and wanted some comfort. I'm guessing he doesn't want to push you away.

Communication!

I had a similar situation last year and I still haven't figured it out. (Not that I've tried) I was dating a girl for a couple of months, we seemed to be crazy about each other, even hinted at plans for the future. She's over one night for dinner, and says somewhat in jest 'we can't go forward until one of our pets dies because my cat will kill your dog.' meaning moving in together. I laughed and didn't know what to say.

The next day, I receive an email from her saying that she's moving to Arizona in a couple of years (I'm in L.A.) and that she just wants to be friends, no more romance. "We can be just friends and hang out for a couple of years." WTF is this? Last I heard from her.

I'm guessing that moving is just a way that people dispose of unwanted S/Os. Sorry to say that.

Nebulachich-----I would take his comment as it is, not reading anything into it.

That is, he may be moving to CA and he's telling you in advance (very considerate on his part). This as opposed to six months later when you're further into the dating, he drops it on you and says "BTW, I am moving to CA in 2 weeks time". Sounds worse eh?