+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Graduation problem!!!

Graduation problem!!!

hey everyone,i'm having a problem dealing with something in my head,i really need someone tell me what to do...

so here is the thing,

I'm dating my bf for almost 3 years and we are happy together and we dont have any serious problem ,the problem is his family they dont like me and sort of hate me,and my bf knows this
    anyway this coming week my bf is going to graduate and there is this big ceremony for all graduate students from the university and of course he has invited me to go...but the thing is his parents and other family members gonna be there,and as i said they don't like me...and the problem is that i have to go alone and sit alone somewhere cause most of my friends are out of town for holiday or some of them are not invited...so i really don't feel comfortable going alone and be alone all the time there and more important is that i don't wanna face my bf's family cause seeing them kind of make me nervous and angry about all the things happened between us...so i decided not to go to the ceremony but most of my friends say he would be upset and he really likes me to be there so they say i have to go just for him and ignore his parents...i cant listen to my friends because they are sometimes on his side and sometimes on mine, so i really need some one who doesn't know me to tell me what to do...
    i really need some one's opinion about this cause I've been dealing with this for almost 10 days...

ok ill post but u needa post on mine in females section

what kind of girl friend would u be if u dont do this for him seriously... your practically showing u cant gritt ur teeth for a hour or two for him. maybe his parents will respect you more too

I think you should go. This is an important day for him, hes graduating. Yes I understand the issue with the family, But this is one time you should just try to ignore it. Your not there to see them, your there to see your bf get his diploma. Yes its gonna be hard, being alone during the ceremony, but he will be by your side when its over and, im sure he will be really glad that you came, despite all the issues.
    Theres a point in your life
    When you get tired of chaseing
    everyone and trying to fix everything
    Buts its not giving up...
    Its realizing that you dont need
    Certain people, the bullshit
    And the drama they bring

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What did you do to make his whole family hate you? I don't get it. It really isn't that hard to be nice to people, and for you to have alienated ALL of them says quite a lot to me. All I can say is if you go, behave yourself. Don't ignore his parents - that is just rude. Be nice. Be polite. Don't ruin this day by acting like brat. You don't have to *like* them, but you SHOULD be polite. I'm sure your boyfriend LOVES these people, and if you love him, you should just be nice, and then go home and beat up your pillow if you must.
    Last edited by vashti; 05-05-07 at 05:20 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

LostNotFound Guest
    go. sit on ur own. wen he graduates give him a big fat kiss.

Pursue your heart, and do what’s best for your relationship. You should never put others happiness before yours. Sooner or later, his family will learn to accept you. Just be patient. If I was in your shoe, I would attend my boyfriend's graduation regardless of how much his family loathe me.