+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Second chance or fool

Second chance or fool

I'm new here and would like some insight from the Ladies, with my problem. I was dating a lady for several months, and we decided to become exclusive. 2 months after this, her mother (who lives in Atlanta) became very ill, and my GF went to stay with her for a while. I am a mixed -race person (1/2 half white and 1/2 native American) my GF is Black, her family do not like me and never stop trying to break us up, because to them I'm white. This is all background. While my GF was with her mom, her sister fixed my GF up on a date with a family friend (black) and she went out with him. I found out from friends that her mom and the other members of her family have convinced her that she is doing wrong by dating outside of her race, so she called me about 2 months ago told me about the date, and broke-up with me on the phone. I was devestated, I really felt that we had something special. The sex was marvelous ( we had both been in other relationships, to know) the chemistry and affection was wonderful, and I really thought that she was the one....... I was hurt, angry, sad and felt betrayed. I decided that if she didn't care, then I wouldn't either. I have since gone out with other women and have slept with 4 or 5. I don't know why, except as an outlet for my lonliness......I know that this is long, but please bear with me. Last Friday night, she called and was sobbing , that she had made a horrible mistake, she had listened to her racist family and lost her"one true love", meaning me. She wants to come back up north and try to repair our relationship, she said that she would do anything and everything to rebuild our love and to prove her love for me and regain my trust. She is fairly wealthy, but she told me that she would give everything she owns to me. She begged and cried for an hour and has since called me , or e-mailed or texted at least 15-20 times a day. What do I do? Can she be trusted? What is in her mind? She told me that she only went out a couple of times, and yes, she slept with the other guy once, but she also said that she felt nothing for him, and was only trying to do what her mom wanted and be a "good daughter", and stay within her race. Is she a "cake eater",? or is she sincere. Please help me if you can.

urg again!

You've both slept with other people. that's fair
    She broke up with you. That's unfair

Ask her the real reason why she wants to get back together
    keep it simple

Self-esteem isn't bragging about how great you are. It's more like quietly knowing that you're worth a lot (priceless, in fact!). It's not about thinking you're perfect — because nobody is — but knowing that you're worthy of being loved and accepted.

"Me, I try to send this note
    float it like a paper boat
    But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

Thanks for answering. I agree that the fact that we have both had sex with other people isn't an issue, but seems to indicate that she is being honest about what happened. She told me yesterday that she will be moving back here this Friday, and is willing to prove herself first, before she asks for any kind of decision on my part. She also said that she is ashamed for allowing her family's racism to come between us, and that she now realizes that she loves me more than anything, even her mom(they are close). I have thought about it and can see no ulterior motive. She has more money than I do, I do all right but not as good as she does, she also has said that she is willing to adopt my lifestyle, and wants only to "belong", to me. I'm kind of a "bad boy",and live a bohemian lifestyle, but she swears that she can't live without me. IDK.

it sounds too good to be true and usually, it cant be true.

Dont push her too much because she want to prove her love to you though.
    keep it simple

Self-esteem isn't bragging about how great you are. It's more like quietly knowing that you're worth a lot (priceless, in fact!). It's not about thinking you're perfect — because nobody is — but knowing that you're worthy of being loved and accepted.

"Me, I try to send this note
    float it like a paper boat
    But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

I haven't told her that I would take her back, and won't even try to make a decision until she comes back here tomorrow (it was Friday, but now it's tomorrow) when we can talk , in person. My first instinct is to dump her for good, but she has already proven a lot. She fought with her mom, and left the house, she has taken out all of her money and put it into my account, which she has no way of getting it back out. All to prove her "devotion", and love. She bought me a new set of tires for my Harley as a belated B-day present, and signed the card " all my love and obedience", none of which I asked for. What the f**k is up?

She might WANT to turn her back on her entire family, but that may prove more difficult than she thinks. I'd proceed with caution. It sounds like a dicey proposition.
    Spammer Spanker