+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please help !!! Need some insight to the male mind ..

Please help !!! Need some insight to the male mind ..

Hey there fellas,
    So maybe you can help me get some insight to the mysterious male brain ..
    I've been dating this guy for about a month he and I met at a BBQ at a mutual friends house
    He asked for my number and was blown away by me instantly .. he called right away .. we went out the next night and a few nights after that for drinks
    We have been enjoying each others company and have a great time together, with all that said I am looking for a serious relationship and stressed that to him from day 1
    he calls every single day and asks about my day and when we don't meet he calls and we usually talk for hours on the phone although I hate long phone calls
    He has a tight schedule and so do I so we meet up whenever we can usually twice a week
    I am unsure if we are exclusive as we haven't really had that talk but I don't want to get hurt and find ive been wasting my time
    The other day we went out and I brought up the subject as I feel he is always testing me to see how I react to certain sinarios
    For example he got this particular drink when we were out and I told him you sure do like that drink, and he says I only get it on dates, like last week I had it as well
    Well last week we didn't meet up - then he starts cracking up so I said to him are you testing me ? he said I like your reactions they're cute ???!! Wtf does that mean
    Later in the night he mentioned that he is a player when hes single but monogamy is in his blood (confusing ) so then I replied "I have no intention of wasting my time on a player"
    So he explained to me that he is used to everything moving very quickly with woman in his life and that with me its been different in that everything is moving slow and he finds that refreshing
    I don't jump straight into bed with men and I like to get to know them first .. he knows this about me as I was very clear that that's who I am I never led him into believing any different and didn't play games ...
    He continued by explaining that he feels that god is testing him by sending him all types of woman in his past and hes been through so much marriage divorce and that finally god sends him this girl who is compatible smart funny beautiful reserved and very close to perfection .. that's where things got confusing for me, if in his eyes this is the case then what is the issue if there even is one, he said he has had many empty relationships and has had many woman and does want the deep emotional connection (he is quite the charmer) and woman tend to fall to his feet as he is a talented musician .. I didn't fall to his feet like all the rest of them although I do want a relationship with him because I do genuinely like him
    The rest of the night was fabulous he drove me home and in the car played this really romantic song .. held my hands looked into my eyes and was very sweet
    He called the next day and the day after and continues to make contact daily
    But I still don't know what exactly this is .. is it a relationship ?? are we exlclusive ??
    I am 30 and he is 38 and I feel as though after a month of dating - I should see some sort of progression to the next level
    I should probably mention that we still haven't had sex although we slept together one night and cuddled the entire night because we got home really late and it was too late for me to drive home .. there is major attraction and chemistry between us and we are a bit physical kissing and touching but havent progressed beyond that he has verbalized that he is not pushing that aspect with me as he knows I am more reserved and wait with that and he is respectful of it

Any comments will be more than appreciated
    Looking forward to some insight
    Thanks in advance y'all ;o)

Talk to him. If he's used to being with all these women who "fall at his feet" then i would imagine he's out doing some of them while he waits for you to be ready to take over. *shrugs* No one really knows that though but him so speak up girl. If you think it's too soon to be asking for exclusivity then you best get your request in there BEFORE you do have sex so that you know just how serious he is or isn't for you.

He certainly interested in sticking around, for what (at this point) is the question though.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Yea .. Your right
    I guess I should be up front about it the question is how do I go about this conversation exactly
    Should I simply ask what are your intentions .. Seems weird
    Not so sure about it
    Your reply is very helpful and mucho appreciated

He's testing you, if you haven't slept with him so far (and if you haven't slept with anyone else in the time being) this is a great thing. He seems like a decent bloke, I think you should confront him about it, there is no point waiting around until someone makes a move.