Recently there is this guy I met the first day of my Bio class, we sat on opposite ends and when I saw him I was like Damn his cute, and I could tell by his personality that he was very outgoing ( he answered many questions and always had an opinion, cracked a couple jokes in class) . Anyway later that day I happened to bump into him , you know that awkward situation when two people are passing through one small door?, so he saw me and kindly told me to go first we exchanged eye contact and smiled, By this point i was like not only his he G.L.A.D ( Good Looking At a Distance) but his more handsome face to face.lol.So the next class when i saw him I came in late and I just happened to sit next to him. For that class session we had to have group discussions,we were both in the same group and i noticed he kept making intense eye contact with me and was also smiling at me , the weird part was the fact that he didn't speak much in the group discussion he became very shy, which I found odd considering he always spoke in class.Anyway after class was over I decided to make a move and started a simple conversation with him ( e.g how do you find the bio course so far?, whats your major?), to break that stranger barrier. We spoke for a while and then parted ways. I don't know what to do next time I sit next to him , should i wait for him to talk to me to see if his interested or should I start a convo with him again? :/ do you guys think he could be interested or i am seeing things?

Also, when i asked him if i missed much (since I came in late) he stared at me blankly for like 4 secs straight before answering me.