+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why would a girl not let go a guy she is not sure has feelings for?

Why would a girl not let go a guy she is not sure has feelings for?

Curious. Would help me understand women more. And also there's a situation I have where this girl I love rejected me 3 months ago. We remained friends after this but I backed off a little. 3 weeks later she started flirting back, began spending more time with me. Other signs suggesting maybe she was now interested in me. The most apparent one when we nearly kissed. Note she's Persian from Iran where kissing is only between people in love or so she says.
    Now we're two continents apart for 2 months. We write to each other, talk on skype and phone. I think about her every day. I love her a lot. So as suggested by some friends on the forum I asked her how she feels about me again. She was quiet for awhile then said she needs time to think about this. I assumed this meant she still doesn't really have romantic feelings for me and maybe never will. I made up my mind to stop all contact with her and try to move on. But before I could tell her this she said "please don't leave me"! She was in tears. She said she doesn't wanna lose me (mostly likely as a friend). Now I don't want to hurt her in any way. So I'm really confused. Well so my question is why is she doing this when she most probably has no romantic feelings for me and knows that I can't be just a friend to her? Another question why wouldn't you as a woman let go a man who loves you but who you don't love back? Curious. Thanks.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    she obviously wants you as a friend first.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

In high school I woud flirt with guys that I know liked me just cuz I liked the positive attention. I liked that I could bat them around a little in a playful way. I also liked having them as a "backup" :/ I didn't realize what I was doing, but in hindsight it must have been torturous. Guys that like us, are like a security blanket, we know they love us and will always hold on to us when we fall, even if we torture them by dating others. Guys LET themselves get treated that way.

If I were you I'd gently tell her that you love her and want to be with her but it hurts and you can't stand just being friends any longer. She can choose to enter a relationship or lose you as a friend.
    When I met my current bf he knew he liked me a lot and he did not want to end up getting stuck being just friends, so he gave me that ultimatum right away, and even though I was a little unsure about dating him so suddenly before becoming friends I would rather love him then lose him so I took the bait and Ive been with him for three years now. Its only going to hurt you longer if you stay by her side for her comfort and you end up watching her fall in love with someone else. You should coax a decision from her.

Admirers are like handbags .. never too many ..

So I'm a handbag! lol that sucks!

Maybe she likes the attention but she doesn't really want you.

If you guys are that close those she could have developed feelings for you but its too complicated.

Because although she doesn't love you like that she still loves you as a friend and can't imagine letting go of you and having you leave her life all together even if it means your hurting

If I'm interested in a guy I won't do that, coz I would be worry that someone will take him away, she probably wants to have friends to talk to When upset. Again it's just my opinion.

@ JBELL
    Yeah it's really complicated. We are pretty close but I don't think I'm her closest friend. But she's told me a lot of things about herself I doubt she's told anyone else. Well I'm trying to take it easy, put no pressure on her. If it's meant to be I'm sure we'll get there if not will have to let go her. I know this but it's still hard. Maybe she's keeping me as a back up future husband lol. Wish I could do the same to her but I can't. Love her too much to cause her any pain. She's a great girl though. I mean she's one of the most wonderful people I've met. And I truly admire her not just for her beauty and intelligence but also her integrity.
    Last edited by jb1111983; 31-03-11 at 04:53 PM.