+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Texting/Calling up your girlfriends every day/often

Texting/Calling up your girlfriends every day/often

Guys, do you text/call your girlfriend often like every day or every other days? My guy and I seldom text/call except we see each other once every week or so...
    Before we got together he used to randomly call me up and chat... Now didn't. But he's a busy man and I understand.
    Seems like he's not that interested in me now? :/ Well I did tell him how overwhelming it can be if we text often... But surely he didn't take that into account so much so that he doesn't text me once to just chat now and then, no? Maybe what I said backfired ><?

I am in contact with my bf at least once every hour or so, via texts. If we don't see each other for a long time (like a couple months at most), we video chat on skype every other day, as well as texting every day. How long have you two been together? When exactly did his texting behavior change?

Actually we have been like that all the while ever since we met... It's just that we contact each other more often than we first met... :x
    He has a lot of stuffs on hand lately so I understand... Just that I wanna know is that normal for couple who are both busy?

How often are you in contact with each other now? I'd say if he's busy with work/school all day, it's quite normal to text at meal hours and at night, provided you see each other quite often (like once every 3 days or more). Then again, it's different for every couple. If you've noticed a significant decrease in his contacting you that is unrelated to changes in his work/study routine, you should try to find the reason behind it. Otherwise, don't worry :-).

It's important to be on the same page re communication frequency. If someone likes constant contact they will feel frustrated if they don't get it, similarly if someone is happy with casual, every few days type thing they will feel overwhelmed with constant texts and calls.

OP how long have you been together? Have you always only seen each other once a week?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

We have been together for about a few weeks... Yeah we try to see each other once/few times per week or a few weeks (if that is even possible for me now). He said to meet last week, but I was the one who said I had to settle some stuffs so we are meeting this week instead.

We only randomly chat each other up now and then... Yesterday and today we didn't chat though :/ I'm waiting.

And in addition, just (close to) the day we got together he's been asking me out more than often suddenly.

What exactly do you mean by "the day we got together"? You mean when you discussed your relationship and decided to make it official? If so, then obviously he's willing to meet you more often than when you were just dating. That's what being in a relationship is about, spending more time together, sharing more things.

Yeap... But I'm not sure he wants to meet up often already because now we are together.

Maybe he lost the thrilling of chasing?

thumbs up

thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by IQSnowyX View Post
    Yeap... But I'm not sure he wants to meet up often already because now we are together.
    I don't get it: does he want to see you more often now that you're official, or less often?! If it's the former, then it's normal and nothing to worry about, quite the opposite! If it's the latter, try to figure out why he is distancing himself from you: perhaps he's having second thoughts, if you only became official not so long ago. Or maybe he's just busy.

Just ask him.

I think having known each other for years play a part in this... :/ Anyway thanks all for your replies!