+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Scared, excited, freaked out, and wondering if I am crazy

Scared, excited, freaked out, and wondering if I am crazy

Well short story short, I am a 22 year old guy. I never could picture getting married, having kids, and leading a regular life, it just was not what I wanted. I have never even had a girlfriend, as I would rather ride motorcycles and do my own thing.

As I was walking into work the other day I saw this girl, not necessarily the most attractive, but I couldn't take my eyes off her. I helped a few customers while one of my coworkers helped her, but my mind was spinning, and I couldn't stop looking at her. I started to say something, but my mouth froze in this awful shit eating grin, and I couldn't speak (as an experienced public speaker, a problem I don't have). After this my coworker told me that she kept looking at me like she was expecting something, so I felt really stupid.

Here is where it gets weird.

I tried to just shake it off and forget, but I can't. Her face is stuck in my head, this was Sunday evening, and all I can think about is this girl that I have never even met. I even imagine in depth conversations, and moments I hoped we would share. I have been thinking of marriage, and kids, and all that crap I don't think I want.

I haven't eaten, barely slept, I am a wreck. At work I can barely focus, I keep looking up to see if this girl is there, and of course she never is. I see her everywhere until I get close and realize. Other women, even the ones I would usually be interested in have no appeal to me whatsoever.

So yeah, I am at a loss to what is going on, and want a female opinion. Am I losing it? I have NEVER even talked to her. I have the next four days off, which I have been looking forward to, but now all I can think about is this girl shopping when I am not there.

I have been working on a motorcycle on which to circumnavigate the globe, and now I am thinking that I would rather be home cuddled up with...

i need some help

go over to general love advice and read "Totally In Love, Obsessed!!!!". it's not the same situation, but psychologically it's very similar.

Me too! And you're the same age as me, dang! Let's start a club!
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

well, maybe next time that happens you'll have the balls to say something!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Another rider!

Its easy to be a he-man woman hater and just play with your toys all day, but its much more fulfilling if you get out and play with the opposite sex. Trust me, I was married to my bikes for a long time.

Been down that path before, its hard to explain, but I understand what you mean. She will fade away if you don't see her again, there's no foundation of anything to remember her on. You didn't talk or interact at all. If you work in retail, I'm sure she will be back through in time.

I wouldn't rule anything out at this point, I am 22 also, and I know PLENTY of guys my age who have no clue where they are going to end up in life, save the Mormons. Time will tell what the rest of your life holds in store....you might just likes girls, you never know, lol.

I bet this next time around you don't put you foot in your mouth and let her walk by.

P.S. That navigate the globe thing.........you're gonna run into trouble about the time you hit the beach. What kind of bike are you building, I mean what is the base bike you're building from?
    Last edited by Cbrider; 14-08-09 at 04:06 AM.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Thanks for the help. I think my problem was that I tried to convince myself that love and infatuation were no different, and I had a rough few days. I know she will be back soon, although I am out of town for a bit, and you better believe she will not get away this time.

I have been working on a Suzuki DR650, and to overcome the giant global water trap things called oceans, I will be reserving a working spot on cargo ships from the US-UK and Russia- Alaska, so technically I will not be riding the whole way, but I will hopefully not have to use air travel.

Thanks again for the help, this, and a few more days has really helped me to calm down, and look at this situation in a new light.