+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm so excited we're remodeling!!

I'm so excited we're remodeling!!

We have been tossing and turning about buying a house. Right now we know it's not a good time.
    We looked at this huge development by Lennar Homes, beautiful homes holy man, they were a half mil last year and now theyre 200,000. BUT throughout the complex you see weeds growing, etc. It's turning into a ghost town. We love where we are now and have decided to upgrade this house. We do rent, but at a great price. Our landlord has already agreed. This house is still in the 70's color scheme, blah and ucky. We've decided to spend about 20 grand in return a decrease in rent.

The kitchen is our biggest change. Refacing it all, stainless appliances, and new flooring throughout and upgrading the retro bathrooms. We're totally excited but wow the colors and options are endless.

I was wondering if anyone has a newer home with the modern look and what you think? We like earth tones. But have you done anything like this???? Or if this was a particular feature in the kitchen you would want to add?
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Our home uses light earth tones w/dark furniture, Squirrel. The floors are solid maple, which is almost a gold colour so we have dark furniture for contrast. Our walls are just a bit lighter than our floor. I think the colour was called 'sand' with white trim for accent.

If you are doing your kitchen, I recommend the Corian (polished quartz) countertops. Granite is nice but stains a lot easier, esp anything oil based & you have to seal it every year.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

do you do a lot of cooking? what would you say is the central social hub of the house? i would figure that out and try to give it a lot of seating and as much room and seating as you can get in that area and pay special attention to it. around here it's our kitchen. some people it's their livingroom.

that sounds so fun!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.