+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I pursue a relationship with her if the opportunity arises?

Should I pursue a relationship with her if the opportunity arises?

Well here's the background story:

Me and this girl (who we will call Sally) are both a part of an acting/singing/dancing club. This particular club meets once every week, and we practice for performances that we have about once every two or three months. She's been a part of this club for about a year and I've just joined this club a few weeks ago. It is a lot of fun and as acting/singing/dancing are my passions, I intend to stick with it for as long as I can.

Anyhow, I'm very positive that this girl is interested in me, and I think she's a very cool person and I wouldn't hesistate to ask her out normally. In fact, I've received hints from some of her friends that she may be asking me out. However, should we get involved and for some reason it ends, it might be even more devastating than normal.

We'd still have to see each other all the time because of this club, and we'd have to work together on performances, so it could cause some serious awkwardness. I'm pretty sure I'd be capable of maintaining a professional relationship if things went wrong. However, I once knew a friend who dated a colleague on the stage. However, they broke up before performance. Anyhow, during a performance, his ex-girlfriend assaulted him backstage and she injured his leg, so he had to stumble around throughout the rest of the performance.

Was his ex-girlfriend just abnormally crazy or would this be a likely result if we were to break up?

Quote Originally Posted by the-kidd
    Was his ex-girlfriend just abnormally crazy or would this be a likely result if we were to break up?
    She was crazy and my crystal ball is broke.

Really though, its sweet you found a girl who shares your interests. It's also good that you're thinking about future consequeces to your actions. Maintain your patience, it seems effectual. Try hanging out with a group of club mates away from the stage(said girl included, of course). Let other people keep seeing how you are together, before you start talking about "being together". This way, you will develop a more balanced and natural relationship. Before you or her have even talked about being a couple, others may already be regarding you as such. How easy would that be man?
    Last edited by CircleC; 27-10-05 at 08:52 AM.
    Sniff first, then scratch.

Think about the thread title. The only possible answer is yes. If there's an issue or problems, then it's not an "opportunity." Sheesh. So much muddled thinking going around. It's a wonder anyone communicates with anyone else at all.

But answer your situation: What's more important to you? Love or performing? Answer that and you'll be on your way to answering the other.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Kidd
    a part of an acting/singing/dancing club.... acting/singing/dancing are my passions
    I know why you're scared. You're gay!

JUST KIDDIN!
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Good advice by CircleC. I agree that its great to meet someone with common interests... and it could really turn out to be a great thing. Or she may just turn out to be the greatest friend you've ever had.

I would agree that group get-togethers is a good start. It's either there or it's not. It will happen or it won't. And should the opportunity arise for the two of you to be alone and having conversation... and the topic comes up, mention exactly what you said above:

I wouldn't hesistate to ask her out normally. In fact, I've received hints from some of her friends that she may be asking me out. However, should we get involved and for some reason it ends, it might be even more devastating than normal.
    It would likely mean a lot to her that you would consider that, and may explain a lot to her if she has any concerns as to why it took you so long (if it happens to)

Tone Guest
    Go for it.

I'd never let anything get in the way if I thought I could possibly have somethin good with a girl.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Think about the thread title. The only possible answer is yes. If there's an issue or problems, then it's not an "opportunity." Sheesh. So much muddled thinking going around. It's a wonder anyone communicates with anyone else at all.

But answer your situation: What's more important to you? Love or performing? Answer that and you'll be on your way to answering the other.

I would have to agree with Hayward on this. You should think about both of these and determine which is more important. If things go wrong, you'll have some ackwardness in the club. But if you really ahve a love for performing and want to stcik with this then Iw ould find someone not involved in that same club as you or at least not the same night.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!