+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Last Opportunity ~Read And Help~

Last Opportunity ~Read And Help~

I know this co-worker, worked with her since Sept. 2004. I got to know her in this period of time, I started to like her, we talk all the time at work. She has a boyfriend (I found out in Oct. 2004). She says all this bad stuff about him how he doesnt seem to care about her. I care about her (I drive her home when we get off together, I go shopping with her for stuff she need advice on). I want to be with her. I'm resigned from that job and got a better one so my career is lifting well, but when I leave in 2 weeks from this job... I will probably never see her again in my life. I've tried to stop thinking about her, but even when I dont see her (I work their part-time now cause I started a College program that I'm about to get a degree on, so I only see her once a week now) I still think about her.

I dont want to lose this opportunity of a life time... Remember, I'm quitting in 2 weeks... I'll probably never see her in my life again. I'm scared that I'll never see her again. Should I tell her that I want to be with her or is it bad for me to like a girl that's already in a relationship?

My story is similar to the song "Let Me Love You - Mario"

===============================================
    If you suggest I should tell her I want to be with her because I dont want this opportunity to slip by...

What should I say?

How long has she been dating this guy?
    Do they live together?

In my experience, women who complain about their boyfriends do not necessarily have any intentions of breaking up with them. They just have some frustrations and they want someone to vent to. I've been in your shoes a few times, thinking that the girl is unhappy and therefore open to my affections. Don't misread her griping about him. If she didn't care about him, she more than likely wouldn't complain about how he treats her, she would just break it off and move on. You may be a shoulder for her to lean on, but I think women see that differently than we do.

Here's my advice: If you don't tell her how you feel, you're never going to see her again after 2 weeks and she'll never have known how you feel. And you'll always wonder "what if". Lay it out on the table for her. That way you will know for sure one way or the other. Who knows, that may be what she is waiting for.

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained"

i think you are thinking selfishly right now. i understand you love her, and have strong feelings for her. its tough , trust me i know! but she has a relationship ongoing. how would you like it if some guy hit on your girlfriend? You coming home to your girlfriend one day to find out she's left you for a co-worker. just sit and think of it from that vantage point. As much as you like her; try and think about that for a minute. i know this is the last thing you want to hear right now.
    Last edited by kaotic02; 28-04-05 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Backinthesaddle
    In my experience, women who complain about their boyfriends do not necessarily have any intentions of breaking up with them. They just have some frustrations and they want someone to vent to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Backinthesaddle
    If she didn't care about him, she more than likely wouldn't complain about how he treats her, she would just break it off and move on. You may be a shoulder for her to lean on, but I think women see that differently than we do.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Haxor,

Unfortunately, I am pretty confident you are in her "just friends" zone. Though you are always going to wonder "what if", So yeah make your approach. You're leaving in 2 weeks, you will have nothing to lose.
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I