+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I being Selfish?

Am I being Selfish?

Wow, I haven't started a post in ages... well, here goes...

Well, I've hit the 4 1/2 month mark with my bf. Which makes me extremely excited since this is my longest relationship so far (yeah, i know. I usually got bored of a guy after 1-2 mths). I really care about him alot. We may have had one or two problems, but nothing serious..

Anyways, today I find out that he's going to his parents (which is about 1hr drive). Thats not unusual, but since he's done his summer courses at University he's going up there till Monday. Then I find out that he might be up there for a month (or till sept.8) for a job! I thought the possible job opportunity is great! But then, out of nowhere I start crying, because I realize I will miss him so much! He means alot to me! Its a 50/50 chance he will get the job, but he's pretty smart, so I don't know. He won't know anything till tomorrow or friday.

I think I made him feel guilty when I started crying. But, I really wasn't planning on crying in the first place Then we started talking future wise. I realised that he might have to move from here for a good job. I know he can get some great opportunities out there. But I'm in an impass... I would like to move away from my parents, but I've never lived anywhere outside the city before... and the best opportunity I have for jobs is 2 hours away from here (which is most likely the same place he'll get a job at). I don't know? Am I being selfish for wanting to be with him? Should I take my chances and move to somewhere I've never lived before, two hours away from the only home I've ever know? Both are futures are so unclear!! I really need to figure this out

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

There are two people in the relationship... You shouldn't be the only one to have to figure that out... Talk to him... If he loves you as much as you love him.... then he'll want to be with you too... i'm sure you'll find sum middle ground some where. But all said and done... we all have to grow up someday and leave home...

Anyway i doubt very much that he'll just run off and get the job without talking to you... I think he's weighing his options... he hasn't got the job yet, so there's no need to talk about a "what if" yet... but if he does... i'm sure thats when he'll really start talking to you... anyway girl I'm sure things will work out 4 you, one way or another.

Also... you're not being selfish at all. Its perfectly reasonable and normal for you to feel the way you do.
    Last edited by SpaZz; 29-07-04 at 10:46 AM.
    "Its all just your state of mind, doubt is the real killer!"

I really hope your right and things will work out... I just keep having this doubt on my mind that I'll lose him...

Evil School!!
    -Fawn

Home is security to you, its what you know Fawn. Let your man go home for a few days see if he wants to get a job there for a few weeks(dont know of any places that would hire someone for a month) but anyway-give him the freedom to know and let him feel secure in the fact youre alright with his decision, support him, of course youre going to be sad, its ok sweetie, youre use to spending all this time with him and you wont be for a tad.

Hes going to take you into consideration here, he cares deeply for you and vice versa, things will work out for you guys, and you'll get through this, look at this as a test of your love! Its just one of lifes great ways of throwing us curve balls to see how we swing! You'll be fine Fawn! Just think of how much fun you'll have when he gets back!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawn
    I really hope your right and things will work out... I just keep having this doubt on my mind that I'll lose him...
    ..check out the signature... he he he... cross the bridges as they come...

Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as
    effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing
    bubblegum. - Baz Luhrmann
    "Its all just your state of mind, doubt is the real killer!"

Oh squirrel your such a sweet heart, you always know how to bring a girl up....

Thanks spazz... i should not worry so much.. lol... I've always been a worrier... I think I get it from my mom *ponders*

Evil School!!
    -Fawn