+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Addicted to sex

Addicted to sex

I am a very sensitive person with very deep running emotions and have very deep emotional reactions to things. I think as a result my sex drive is extremely high and I can't get enough. This causes problems in my relationships because I have problems being faithful to one person unless they can satisfy my needs successfully. I have many toys and have to play for a few hours a day before I can get my mind off sex and onto normal everyday things.

I have tried going to Sex and Love Addicts Anon but keep breaking the rules and getting sexually involved with other members.

I feel like I will never have a long lasting, fulfilling relationship and I guess I just want to know if there are other sex addicts out there who have problems with relationships and if they have any coping mechanisms?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL!!!

I dunno..maybe you should learn some self control, instead of using sex addiction as an excuse to be whoreholed.

Failing that, visit a sex addicts forum. Im sure they exist.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by nymphomaniac View Post
    I am a very sensitive person with very deep running emotions and have very deep emotional reactions to things. I think as a result my sex drive is extremely high and I can't get enough. This causes problems in my relationships because I have problems being faithful to one person unless they can satisfy my needs successfully.
    Basically you're saying:-

1.I am oversensitive and emotional
    2. as a result I have high sex drive
    3. as a result I can't remain faithful

All these things do not seem related to me.

It's more like 1 is a lame excuse to explain 2 which is a lame excuse to explain 3...

All and all you need to take responsibility for your lack of integrity and self-control.

Remember: Mind over Matter...sounds familiar???
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    can i have your number?? i'll be that old guy that you're kinda dating. oh speaking of which, you're an assie right?? i'm straight out of hawaii...

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

You're a troll.

Such a positive range of responses. Frankly, she asked for opinions by others in the same position, asking for "self-control" might be the way to go if it was just excessive promiscuity, not a lasting condition.
    Last edited by Lipp; 08-02-10 at 05:40 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    You're a troll.
    is it because i don't show people love?? but then again trolls need to be loved too.

raverboy

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should try to find a new way of identifying yourself by investing genuine effort into some other ventures (education, personal development, etc.). The subsequent rise in self esteem will cause you to be more selective about whom you seek approval from, and what sorts of behavior you will engage in to get it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is the equivalent of an alcoholic asking people in a bar for help.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    LOL!!!

I dunno..maybe you should learn some self control, instead of using sex addiction as an excuse to be whoreholed.

Failing that, visit a sex addicts forum. Im sure they exist.
    Thanks for your advice. I'll try and find a forum that is better suited to my problems.

Quote Originally Posted by sookie6 View Post
    Basically you're saying:-

1.I am oversensitive and emotional
    2. as a result I have high sex drive
    3. as a result I can't remain faithful

All these things do not seem related to me.

It's more like 1 is a lame excuse to explain 2 which is a lame excuse to explain 3...

All and all you need to take responsibility for your lack of integrity and self-control.

Remember: Mind over Matter...sounds familiar???
    Yes, mind over matter. I have been working on this with my therapist.
    You could be right, my borderline personality disorder might be a lame excuse to explain my impulsive behaviour. I'll talk more about this with my therapist. Thanks for your imput.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    can i have your number?? i'll be that old guy that you're kinda dating. oh speaking of which, you're an assie right?? i'm straight out of hawaii...

raverboy
    I'm sorry, I'd love to but I am currently in the detox stage of a No Asshole Diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Such a positive range of responses. Frankly, she asked for opinions by others in the same position, asking for "self-control" might be the way to go if it was just excessive promiscuity, not a lasting condition.
    Thank you. I guess I was feeling alone and afraid and I wanted some supporting words from people who could empathize. I hope to god this is not a lasting condition though. Although many people think this is a joke, it is a living hell.

I am wondering how I would go about developing self-control? SLAA just tells you to believe in god and abstain, is this the only way??

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think you should try to find a new way of identifying yourself by investing genuine effort into some other ventures (education, personal development, etc.). The subsequent rise in self esteem will cause you to be more selective about whom you seek approval from, and what sorts of behavior you will engage in to get it.
    Thank you so much for your advice. I have been trying to exercise more and currently in a course for self-development but having trouble focusing while dealing with this addiction. When I draw and paint it makes me feel better about myself though and I do tend to ignore other people during this time but I sometimes go overboard and stay in my room for days just drawing and painting. I guess the impulse control flows into other aspects of my life too.

You have hit the nail on the head... I want approval from others. I need some new strategies and like you say, be more selective.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by nymphomaniac View Post
    I'm sorry, I'd love to but I am currently in the detox stage of a No Asshole Diet.
    haha if you think that i'm an asshole, i'd much rather have you call it to my face rather than beating around the bush about it.

raverboy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast