+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Reckless Drivers

Reckless Drivers

So today driving home from work somebody ran through a red and was I swear an inch or two from taking out my co worker in the passenger and taking out my car as well. Two weeks ago my girlfriends second cousin died in a car crash. Luckily, she didn't know him much. But to me it seems like people are just more reckless nowadays. Anyone else agree? / Have similar experiences or stories?
    Last edited by Vain; 18-09-07 at 10:39 AM.
    "Making plans to change the world, while the world is changing us."

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I used to do a lot of driving and was on the road for many hours every week. But the most interesting stories I have are from driving in blizzards

I remember when my dad was driving me and my family back from Buffalo once, and we couldn't see literally more than 2 feet in front of the front of the car. That was pretty damn scary. Especially when you look to your left and see a semi next to you

Yeah though, one other time I was coming back from Oswego which also gets a lot of snow, and this one guy was hauling ass in the left lane like none other. A few miles down the road and he's WAAAYY off the road. That bastards lucky he didn't die. Maybe he should have

I was driving after the roads iced over once, going like 15mph on a bridge and started to brake and couldn't brake for shit. I slid at least 50 feet and had to swerve into the left lane to avoid hitting the car stopped in front of me waiting to turn. Luckily there were no cars oncoming in the left lane, they had a red light.

I have some other interesting road stories I don't think I'm going to share though.. Those are good enough lol

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance
    My mother almost got rear ended by a guy right after a snow storm... while she was pregnant with me.

Though, I do agree.
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've driven in snow (didn't like it). I also drove through a monsoon rainstorm in Arizona once, and through an electrical storm in Wyoming. Those were awesome!

I'd rather drive through unusual weather patterns than deal with reckless drivers.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I've driven in snow (didn't like it). I also drove through a monsoon rainstorm in Arizona once, and through an electrical storm in Wyoming. Those were awesome!

I'd rather drive through unusual weather patterns than deal with reckless drivers.
    Haha driving through snow gets kind of annoying after about the 1,000th time and it causes you to have to leave 15 minutes early to wherever you're going

But I know what you mean, crazy weather is better than crazy people!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDwarf View Post
    My mother almost got rear ended by a guy right after a snow storm... while she was pregnant with me.
    Am I the only one who finds that story very anti-climatic?

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Am I the only one who finds that story very anti-climatic?
    Yeah, but in a good way.

I used to be a lot more forgiving of wacky shit on the road before I had my daughter. Now if somebody pulls some shit, I lose it completely.

True story: A few years back, I was driving home through Albuquerque, kid in the back seat, when this girlie driving some flashy car started some shit with me, acting like a jackass, flipping me off, refusing to go through a green light, etc.

Believe it or not, I pretty much ignored her. I had been rock climbing all day, was tired and hungry and just thought she was mental.

I pulled off the road into a parking lot and she followed me, parking behind me so I couldn't pull out. Well, that did it. I got out and asked her what her problem was, and apparently, she felt that I had been too close to her bumper at a red light, 14 blocks back.

Long story short, I grabbed her by the hair and smashed her face into her steering wheel. She is ****ing lucky that's all she got.

Lesson learned: Do NOT **** with somebody who has a kid in the car. They will go all Bruce Willis on your little blond ass.
    Spammer Spanker

Well I figured I wasn't the only one but glad to know I am not alone out there on my battle against damn reckless drivers.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Damn, giga! That kind of behavior would get you shot in Los Angeles!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Damn, giga! That kind of behavior would get you shot in Los Angeles!
    It never would have happened in LA. She never would have tried that shit there.

The way I see it, I probably did her a favor. Maybe she'll think twice about acting like that, and maybe it will save her life.
    Spammer Spanker

Haha I am sure she will think twice next time she has road rage or maybe you have done her a favored and cured her of it.