+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Other Drivers

Other Drivers

Oh My... GOD!!! Have you SEEN the way some of these people drive?! It's like they purposely forgot how to do it, just to drive ME up the wall.... Nawimean?!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh My... GOD!!! Have you SEEN the way some of these people POST?! It's like they purposely forgot how to do it, just to drive ME up the wall.... Nawimean?!

hahah i just had to do it.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Aw, you made me sad =( And here i was looking for some acceptance. someone to love me.... and possibly, hate other drivers =( Maybe even spoon? =}

You have no ****ing idea how stupid some people are. I take my life in my hands every time i strap on my helmet and turn the engine. People are oblivious and I have had 5 occasions that would have probably killed me on my bike had I not been on the ball when another driver payed no attention.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

... Man you got bigger brass than me, I'm scared enough riding around with 4 doors and 8 Air bags... People are just too damn crazy on the road.

And not just unsafe drivers... the ones that drive 25 in a 45... The ones that turn on their blinkers MILES before their turn. Or the ones that don't even USE the blinkers, they just stomp on the breaks and then CREEP into a turn...

Christ, that last group really chaps my ass...

Not just cars too, those people that cross a busy road at night wearing all black. When there's a crosswalk 50 ft from them... One of these days, i'm just gonna hit one of em... Send a message to the rest....

Quote Originally Posted by The_bobb View Post
    ... Man you got bigger brass than me, I'm scared enough riding around with 4 doors and 8 Air bags... People are just too damn crazy on the road.
    I'm 21 almost 22, I still feel invincible these days, things that should scare me don't. It takes a certain amount of disregard for caution to ride a bike, but the trade is a feeling unlike anything else in this world.

I knew when i got mine what I was going to do with it and i think my parents silently knew but it was out of their hands. Its always been a dream of mine and I knew one day I would fulfill it. I'm single and no one in this world is dependent on me so there is no better time to get it out of my system. I do it for me and no one else. I never have or never will put someone else's life in danger doing what I do.

I kind of live by the code of "I'd rather push the limits than die in fear."

The Warmonger

I don't ride a motorcycle but a road bike...I put up with idiots on a regular basis. Some of the stuff people do you have to wonder how they even got a license. Imho there should be stricter tests to get behind the wheel. They'll hand a monkey a license and let him run people off the roads. It's absolutely stupid how terrible people are at driving.

Imagine how many lives could be saved, how many accidents avoided, and how much money would be saved if people knew how to handle a car.

Nawimean?!
    Yainawayamean!

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    I do it for me and no one else. I never have or never will put someone else's life in danger doing what I do.
    Ohh, so you won't take me for a ride on the back of your bike? I've always wanted to do that...

Yainawayamean!
    Omigodrite? =P

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I want a motorcycle. I've been mulling over it for a while now. Given how many close calls I've had on the road, however, I don't know that I can justify owning one. I mean, if these people can't see me in my jeep how are they ever going to see me on a little bike?

I'm not keen on the idea of losing a limb or becoming paralyzed simply because the jerk in the left lane was running late and almost missed his turn so he decided to swerve into me without so much as a sidelong glance.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aw, you made me sad =( And here i was looking for some acceptance. someone to love me.... and possibly, hate other drivers =( Maybe even spoon? =}
    umm... i'm a male here... there won't be any spooning in the champagne room.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I want a motorcycle. I've been mulling over it for a while now. Given how many close calls I've had on the road, however, I don't know that I can justify owning one. I mean, if these people can't see me in my jeep how are they ever going to see me on a little bike?

I'm not keen on the idea of losing a limb or becoming paralyzed simply because the jerk in the left lane was running late and almost missed his turn so he decided to swerve into me without so much as a sidelong glance.
    Well you have the caution part down, now you need to make sure you have an out at all times so you don't get pinned like that. They teach you to ride with your eyes a quarter mile ahead....thats the easy part. You have to have your mind a quarter mile ahead working out all the possible hazards.

Its a lot of work and hair raising at times, but it makes you an incredible driver. I can tell you whats going on 20 feet in any direction of me without having to look, you develop driving intuition kind of.

The Warmonger

Basic rule of owning a motorcycle. It isn't a question of if you will get in an accident, but when, and how badly you screw yourself/your bike up in the process.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    Basic rule of owning a motorcycle. It isn't a question of if you will get in an accident, but when, and how badly you screw yourself/your bike up in the process.
    That pretty much is the basic rule unfortunately. Its just something you have to accept if you want to ride.

Wear your gear, always wear a helmet, get good insurance coverage....its a crap shoot from there.

The Warmonger

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast