+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Working with my fiance and my jealousy

Working with my fiance and my jealousy

I dont know what to do... My fiance and I work at the same place. I am really insecure,I love him so much I am scared Im gonna lose him. I dont know how to control my jealousy. I know this sounds silly. Anytime I see him talking or laughing with another employee or customer (female) I get mad. I dont want to feel this way. He tells me everything... He recently told me his boss said she was in love with him. Now I dont know how to handle that either. Do I approach her about it? She knows we are recently engaged. Please help me. I just need some advice. He is so loving and caring. I know he loves me. He was more excited over our engagement I think than me. He told everyone about it a work before I got to.

don't do what I did

read my thread (secrets, lies, and screen capture) and I'd appreciate your advice

Whatever you do, don't invade his privacy or question his fidelity. You'll see the mistake I made. I am also insecure, and I think it is something to work through on your own. I am no expert on it so I won't tell you how to not be insecure. However, I recently just ordered this book: The Feeling Good Handbook by David D. Burns.

I think it will help with anxiety and insecure feelings. In the end, I think our insecurity will only be solved if we take the steps to cognitively modify our behavior. Drugs and assurances from other people are really no help. You have to essentially train your mind to think differently.

Ummm. If work is the only place where you get jealous, I suggest you find another job before you blow up and get fired.

As for the boss who is 'in love' with your boyfirend. What was the context? Did he just do a stellar job on somehting? Hell I've had strangers say they were 'in love' with me because I served them great piece of cake.

Also for the irrational fears of losing your partner, often have to do with your own deep wish to leave the relationship yourself. So what else aren't you happy with?