+ Follow This Topic

Thread: asking this girl out - advice please

asking this girl out - advice please

Im 19 and male, theres a girl at my hairdressers who i think is pretty nice and i was obviously attracted to her. Now When i went for my haircut last week i was thinking about asking her out for a drink/movie/meal or something but didnt know how to go about asking her.

Now il probably be having my haircut again in like a month-2 months so that will be the only time il get the chance to but how do i go about it?

The hairdressers is full of women and shes sort of liike just helping out (ie training i think so takes calls, cleans up etc) so its not like i can say anything while she cuts my hair. Do i just chat with the girl who does my hair and see what she thinks about the girl?

Im not exactly the most upfront guy so i cant just go up to her and ask her out. and i dont want to be knocked back then will feel like a prat when i next go in. andi dont even know if she has noticed me or anything. Thinkshe is 17/18 if that makes any difference?

i had some other advice about ringing the hairdressers up and asking to speak to her and telling her who i am (ie the guy who got his hair cut on x date) andasking if she wants to do something. But i just dont think i can do that.

this might sound weird/selfish but im scared (scared might be a harsh word, maybe nervous) that things go wrong and when i have to go to the hairdressers again it will be very awkward.

cheers any help welcome ta

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should start by asking if she is available. If she says yes, then I would guess that she is interested, and if she is interested, don't call her on the phone. Man up and ask her if she wants to go out sometime. Girls like guys that have some confidence, and running to the phone when you could have asked in person does not give that impression.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

OMG!!! be4 this goes any further.. i have a personal story on this..

well.. lol.. i go to get my hair cut at this Unisex place.. which is really for women only, but since i'm the only guy that goes in there, they don't want me to feel less manly.. so they call it unisex.. anyway...

so.. there was this really cute blond about 22, sitting in the front desk, for about 6 months be4 she got fired..

so.. when i went up to pay for my cut and wash and whatnot... she tried to pull up my information on the system.. so.. she's like.. what are the last 4 digits of your phone number???

and naturally.. i couldn't resist.. so i answered.. "what are the last 4 digits of YOUR phone number?"

and everyone in the place started to crack up.. including her..

so.. next month.. i went there.. and she said hi.. what's up.. let someone else go to the register, and walked me to the back to wash my hair be4 my cut.. so.. we started talking.. getting to know eachother a little better.. and then i got my hair cut.. and had to pay.. only this time.. lol.. i couldn't use the same on-the-spot line.. lol

so.. she's like.. "last 4 digits of your phone number".. and.. well.. had to be different.. so.. i gave them to her.. only this time.. i said.. "u know.. this is the second time i'm giving you my number, and you still haven't called me.." so she laughed.. and said "u just don't stop do u?"

now.. month 3!!!..

go to get haircut.. it's her again.. walks me to the back again, to get my hair washed.. and.. we have a nice little chat.. mostly about our weekend plans.. she had none (:cough: begging to be asked out)..

so.. go to get my haircut.. and went up to pay.. loe and behold!!!... she knows the 4 digits by hard.. and.. smiles at me and says.. "917-686-****"...

So.. number one kid.. it might be crazy.. but it's not impossible...

back to you.. lol.. umm.. well.. i bet she's quite the tease... but believe me.. she's probably also as shallow as a puddle.. i had to brush the cute blonde off to one of my friends.. who then was rejected badly, in front of his EX.. lol..

good times.. anyway..

so.. NO!!! do not call.. think of it this way.. is it easier to say no to a salesman over the phone or in person???

the answer is.. in PERSON... so.. if you do anything over the phone.. expect a NO!!

you have find ways to be a little bit more confident in yourself..

stand in front of a mirror, start talking to people a little older than you, talk about some serious issues and improve your charism a little bit.. once you've gained the confidence of a good a smooth talker..

then all you need to do is LOOK-THE-LOOK...

open up a D&G add.. or something from AX (Armani Exchange) is my personal favorite... it's not quite metro, not quite casual, not quite formal.. but all of those in one whole package..

it's sophisticated and stylish at the same time.. that's going to be your look..

You want your body to scream "Confidence & Sex Appeal"..

Colonge' choices.. something sensual yet mild.. (Green Naked Man - Jean Paul Gaultier, or Aqua De Gio - Giorgio Armani).. DO NOT GO FOR THE D&G on this one..

now.. you need to think hard about this one.. if you don't get as lucky as me and have her give you an open chance at a cocky-funny remark, then you need to find a way to get her to.. or make one up..

try something like.. so when are they going to let you show your stuff around here... or.. why's the place so empty today? did u just get here?

think of something.. but DON'T THINK OF ASKING HER OUT ON A DATE FIRST!!!

you need to throw in a cocky-funny remark to get her attention.. and then.. after you pay.. you leave..

what will happen..???

i. You get her to notice you.
    ii. Because it was funny, she will remember it, and because it was cocky, in a funny way.... you will make a Sexual impression on her..
    iii. Your quick remark, and then, casual and confident exit.. will get her thinking.. ABOUT YOU!!! (He's cute, he's confident, he's stylish, was he interested in me?, does he like me?, do I like him?)

that's all that women do.. they think.. It's constantly raining thoughts in their mind... and right after you leave.. it's all going to be thought about YOU!!!

now.. you come in next month.. or the month after you do this exit of yours.. lol.. and you start to talk a little bit more.. get to be a little more friendly.. but not TOO FRIENDLY or else you're going to KILL ALL THE SEXUAL TENSION you've just built up..

you talk and test to see if she's attracted, or how differently she's acting.. if you think it's good.. next month.. (NOT THAT DAY), you will do as i say in the next post.. but if things don't look good.. and you don't see her responding any different to you (FRIENDLIER, NICER).. then you back off.. and it was never ment to be..

ok.. so.. if things are A-OK to go.. and she's giving you back those smirks, smiles, glitter eyes, fingers currling her hair, stares and whatever else.. then it can't be more obvious..

also.. look out for voice changes.. try to pick up on tones..and accent changes... these are the best indications that her subconcious perception of you has changed..

i'm not going to waste my time and explain how to look out for body language.. only because it takes time.. and i think i've given you enough to look for..

so.. if all is A-OK.. you have to close the deal.. with something yet again.. cocky-funny..

what do you say??

I don't have lines per say.. i just capture the cocky-funny philosphy.. and come up with things on the spot.. something that you will have to learn to do..

so.. i dunno... say something like..

"if you ever get tired of working here, you could always start at that "Cafe', Club, Restaraunt, you plan to take her out to", over "wherever the hell it is"..., I'll show it to you sometime if you ever change your mind.."

(Out of nowhere say), NO "her name", I will not go out with you!!!.. (for some reason she's going to get shy as all the other girls laugh, caz it is rather funny random play.. and it's sets the mood rather well).."use this as a last resort please, if she's not in a good mood, or up for it.. don't, please, just don't"

You: "why do i always have to come over here to visit? is it that hard for you to come over "name place you wanna take her out to", to visit once in a while?"

Her: "i didn't know you worked at...", "since when do you work at...", "you never told me you work at..."

You: "is that what it's ganna take for you to visit me there?"

Hopefully you get the idea.. because unless i'm single and you're a girl.. these things are just too hard to come up with.. Well, best of luck from me kid..

Last edited by Cybog; 30-08-06 at 07:44 AM.
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

theres never really a chance to tlak to her on her own though. as when i pay i pay the woman who does my hair and the girl is normally out the back or tidying up.

and them long posts dont really give any help tbh. as like i said shes 17/18 and i dont think them lines would work on her.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you ask if she can cut your hair? (Naturally, this would require a bit of courage on your part in case she screws it up.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Find out from whoever does your hair if this girl is actually single first.....Then just ask her her name, and get talking. Take it from there!
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

Quote Originally Posted by derm View Post
    Find out from whoever does your hair if this girl is actually single first.....Then just ask her her name, and get talking. Take it from there!

well thats where i was gonna start by asking the girl whodoes my hair. and i feel a bit silly asking her name as i know it already or would it sound weird if i called her by her name the first time i talk to her?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyEss View Post
    well thats where i was gonna start by asking the girl whodoes my hair. and i feel a bit silly asking her name as i know it already or would it sound weird if i called her by her name the first time i talk to her?

As I said talk to the girl who does your hair...ask her about this girl, You could say something like: xxxx seems like a nice girl. Is she new here? Then go on to ask if she has a BF and you may find the lady telling you something about her which you can use as a conversation starter.

If she's single. Then when you do get talking to her, by all means call her by her name (everyone else does) You could say: 'Hi it's xxxx isn't it? ya I'm Danny' and go on from there.

Danny it's all down to your confidence and the expression on your face when you say what you say.........remember smile and be polite.

If you do loose your balls remember that the other lady will let this girl know you were enquiring about her once you've left so when you do decide to venture back in she'll know your into her.

Remember bear in mind she could have a boyfriend!

Good luck

Maybe its time for a blade 1 with some nice design on the back and sides that needs regular maintaince. (like once every 2 weeks) Which can only be done by the professionals!

This way you get to see her often and you can build up a relationship with her and get to know her better.

Just a thought
    Last edited by Cybog; 30-08-06 at 07:45 AM.

i think it may be time for me to go to a shorter cut. although that will cost a fair bit as its £10 a time now

Quote Originally Posted by DannyEss View Post
    i think it may be time for me to go to a shorter cut. although that will cost a fair bit as its £10 a time now
    Won't it be worth it if your dream girl comes through

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    OMG!!! be4 this goes any further.. i have a personal story on this..

well.. lol.. i go to get my hair cut at this Unisex place.. which is really for women only, but since i'm the only guy that goes in there, they don't want me to feel less manly.. so they call it unisex.. anyway...

so.. there was this really cute blond about 22, sitting in the front desk, for about 6 months be4 she got fired..

so.. when i went up to pay for my cut and wash and whatnot... she tried to pull up my information on the system.. so.. she's like.. what are the last 4 digits of your phone number???

and naturally.. i couldn't resist.. so i answered.. "what are the last 4 digits of YOUR phone number?"

and everyone in the place started to crack up.. including her..

so.. next month.. i went there.. and she said hi.. what's up.. let someone else go to the register, and walked me to the back to wash my hair be4 my cut.. so.. we started talking.. getting to know eachother a little better.. and then i got my hair cut.. and had to pay.. only this time.. lol.. i couldn't use the same on-the-spot line.. lol

so.. she's like.. "last 4 digits of your phone number".. and.. well.. had to be different.. so.. i gave them to her.. only this time.. i said.. "u know.. this is the second time i'm giving you my number, and you still haven't called me.." so she laughed.. and said "u just don't stop do u?"

now.. month 3!!!..

go to get haircut.. it's her again.. walks me to the back again, to get my hair washed.. and.. we have a nice little chat.. mostly about our weekend plans.. she had none (:cough: begging to be asked out)..

so.. go to get my haircut.. and went up to pay.. loe and behold!!!... she knows the 4 digits by hard.. and.. smiles at me and says.. "917-686-****"...

So.. number one kid.. it might be crazy.. but it's not impossible...

HA! I love it.

Just wow! I have no words for that. I could only wish I could even think of stuff like that on the spot, never the less be able to say it smoothly. But i'm getting better at it, and i'm not giving up!

ive still not done anything about it but not much i can do if im not gonna get my hair cut. When i make an appointment should i go in or over the phone or will it not really matter?

Go in person. So much better.