+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Being with a younger man.

Being with a younger man.

How do you feel about it?

I am 44 and met a very nice and handsome 28 year old man. He is mechanic and works at a dealership fixing vehicles.

For a little background I divorced a man a little over a year ago that was never physically abusive but emotionally and mentally was. I have a 19 year old daughter that has left for college.

Now, I don't consider myself a "cougar" and until I met him never really thought about dating a younger man, but when I am with him it is always a blast!

I had been on several dates with men my age previously but many were either too stuck in their ways or not as active as I would have liked.

I know I'm not the youngest gal around, and I don't try to pretend I am, but I still love getting out there, traveling, doing fun unique things, and that is what I do with him. Just a while back we went camping and canoeing and it was SO much fun!

He has always been very kind and respectful, and not once have I ever felt like I was his "mom". He even helped me do some work on my house and does little things like takes out the trash and helps with the dishes etc.; more than my husband ever did.

We have been seeing each other for 6 months now.

What do you think? Could this work, or am I just looking at this with rose-tinted glasses? We really don't argue or fight much, sometimes our age difference does cause a few issues or misunderstandings but it's never been bad and he's always been patient and understanding. Hell, he even went with me when I went to get my mammogram haha.

He even brought up the talk about kids, saying he doesn't care and he's just happy to be with a good woman. I realize that certainly there is a worry about him leaving for a younger woman, but, it's not as if guys my age don't either.

He has never pressured me into doing anything I don't feel comfortable doing and that means sooo much.

you're still young, you have every right to get out there and have fun. if this guy makes you happy, then stay with him... quit worrying about your future and continue to enjoy your days as they are with him!

Just enjoy the relationship the way it is. I know of a young man where I live who was in a relationship with a much older woman for nearly 20 years...now he has met someone else who is also much older...my nosy mother questioned him and he does not care about having kids and is just happier with more mature women.

Everyone has their own story, their own preferences...and women nowadays remain attractive a loooooong time....

As long as both are on the same wavelenght and enjoy each other company...my feeling is that when sharing time with someone feels easy and happy you're onto something good...so hold on to it.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Long term it probably won't work. When he's 38 you'll be 54 and that's a hell of a big difference.

Anything else