+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is the meanest thing your boyfriend...

What is the meanest thing your boyfriend...

...has ever done to you?

I'm not making this post to bash on guys. In fact, I'm trying to get feedback to see if I'm overreacting to what my "ex" has done. I think I just want confirmation that what my ex has done to me isn't that bad. Although it was a lot of things that just built up until I couldn't take it anymore. It hurts so much and maybe hearing some feedback about the things others have gone through will put it into perspective for me.

Thank you.

If this post has already been done, I apologize. XP

Just to add, what about the meanest thing an ex has ever done to you? And was that the reason you broke up with him?
    Last edited by btworld; 25-07-09 at 10:32 AM.

Uhm... the meanest thing Anako has ever done was call me stupid, take his anger out on me when I did nothing wrong and... mock me.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why would you want to compare yourself to the worst case scenario? Wouldn't it be better to compare favorably to the best relationships?

What did he do?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i hit one of my ex's... oh bother, this will go back to the hitting girls thread. oh well... i didn't mean to, but she was being a bitch.. .after that i never hit another girl.

...except for my sister.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

To vashti, to be honest, I didn't really have many great moments in the relationship. The few that I did have I cherished, and tried to use that as a reason to stay. But all the wrong things just outweighed it.

And the worst thing he's done was probably ignoring/avoiding my text telling him that I was going to the hospital because I thought the baby might be coming, and I didn't hear back from him until midnight, asking me, "How did it go at the hospital?" Then finding out later that he had made plans with his ex-girlfriend and his ex-wife to take care of their kids. Meanwhile he didn't once bring up making plans about what to do when the baby comes, but yet he could make plans with these other women. :\

On top of a whole lot of other things he's done.

I don't think he was doing it to be mean, he just didn't consider my feelings and just didn't want to be there.
    Last edited by btworld; 25-07-09 at 10:43 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh lord. You made a baby with this guy? Big mistake. Huge! You are headed for trouble, my friend.

Actually, I don't think of my baby as a mistake. I think of him as a blessing. So maybe I was supposed to get together with him for that sole purpose. Otherwise, yes, I think it was a mistake getting together with him. Just wish I knew at the time how he really was.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You picked a jackass for your poor baby's father. THAT was the mistake. Unfortunately, your child will pay for it.

Sorry, my friend, but some problems can't be fixed.

mine neglects me. worst feeling
    "I swear ill burn this city down to show you the light"

Well, that is what keeps me crying day after day. But how are you supposed to know how a person truly is? Some people don't show their true colors until after they've been married for a few months. Some people could take years before showing how they really are. Unfortunately I fell for his act, and then found out later how he really was. It's not like I knew in the beginning that this was his true personality. Otherwise I wouldn't have hooked up with him. I even asked a few of his friends (some guys, some females) how he was before I hooked up with him. They told me he was great. It actually wasn't until after I conceived that he began showing his true traits. He was one of those guys that was so sweet and affectionate in the beginning, and then once he realized he had me, all that flew out the window.

But although he may not show great fatherhood to my baby, I still love this bundle of joy and will do my best to provide everything I can for him. If I find someone in the future who can be that father figure to him, then that would be great. If not, then me and my baby can tackle this together. It's unfortunate, but lots of kids are lacking either a mother or a father, but that doesn't stop them from growing up into great, loving kids. Yes I'm sad that he'll grow up thinking his father doesn't love him, but he still has me, his grandfather, grandmother, aunt, godmother, etc. that all love him dearly, and I will do everything I can to make sure he knows how wonderful and special he is.

And goodness, if you already think he's a jerk from that one example, you haven't even heard the half of it. XP What's even sadder, is that he doesn't even acknowledge/realize what he does is wrong.

This is a really sad thread.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    This is a really sad thread.
    Woops, sorry about that.

XP

Next time I'll make a more happy, light-hearted thread. Like a cute doggy taking care of a litter of kittens. ...Is that the right term? Litter? :\

I considered listing some of the atrocities of my former marriage, but I wouldn't want you use them as justification for staying with this guy. Suffice it to say, it can always be worse, but just because you're not dating Ike Turner that doesn't mean the guy you're with is someone you should stay with if you're not happy in the relationship.

Well, I've already made up my mind that I can't be with my ex. I'm sure he doesn't care either way. XP

Anyways, thanks to everyone who replied. It's too bad that some of us have to go through some horrible relationships... it takes two people to work on it, and if it can't work, then one person to leave and save themselves.

(Lest I go completely insane. Can't happen with my baby though. Oh, and my doggy. They keep me sane.)