+ Follow This Topic

Thread: New Relationship - Nervous

New Relationship - Nervous

Finally with a new girl after some serious relationship problems. It sucks because I really like this chick, and we just barely hooked up and I got all those early-start jitters going on. Last night she came over and watched a movie and we cuddle, I took her back to her room and she hugged me then went in and kissed me. I enjoyed it but she looked kind of embarrassed by it.

The next day I get a text from her that says:

"Hey so sorry i made things kind of awkward last night lol umm... Ya maybe we should just pretend that never happened...what do you think?"

I said "I thought last night was pretty rad"

She replied "haha ok well just checking- didnt want things to get really awkward or anything"

I know i should be able to see what this means, but its much harder when your in the relationship instead of outside looking in. Was that just a way for her to fill her insecurites about last night, and make sure i enjoyed it as well?

She's probably just shy and nervous that she was moving too fast.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Yeah... your probably right. New relationships suck, there a pain in the ass for a good period of time

What Cain said...except next time you see her, you kiss her.

Kinda shy at first but later on you will get used to it.

Okay, I am sorry but im lost in this new relationship. Yes I know how to deal with breakups, long-term relationships and etc because ive dealt with a good share of them. However it has been nearly 3 years since I have done the start up thing. We live in the same dormitory and I just dont know how I am supposed to act, I know we really like each other as we have both admitted it. We hung out for several days straight, but only at night. I decided to take a day off without really telling her, we sent texts that day but we never met. God, i just want to make this want have a strong starting foundation.

I don't know how much attention I should give her, I know the girls love the chase so I am trying to be unavailable when possible, any girls? What do you think
    Last edited by Zehx; 01-10-08 at 02:57 PM.
    How we survive is what makes us who we are.

Make your schoolwork your priority. Studying is a convenient way to ensure you don't smother her by being too available. Go for dates on the weekend (ask in advance), and limit your contact during the week. Do NOT take any more days off to lay around and send text messages. She may enjoy the attention for a short while, but she will reflect back on that and think you are prone to finding excuses to be non-productive.

Come on man, the very beginning of a relationship is the best.