+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys offering to share their drink=flirt?

Guys offering to share their drink=flirt?

I've had guys buy me drinks or order me drinks and I know its flirtatious but what about this guy who offers you a sip of his drink? For arguments sake I know he didn't slip anything in...I trust him and have known him a long time.At the last three parties we have been at he has offfered me his drink or a sip of his...is this flirting or more intimate than if he had brought me my own drink? I'm trying to figure out if he might like me.Also, so u get a better idea he is always on my side of the room or coming to work in my area, makes up excuses of things to talk to me about, has brushed my hand with his when i passed him something, he remebers little things we spoke about a year ago....but at the same time, he hasn't asked me out or anything.Is he shy?Is he just friendly?

It sounds to me that he does like you. Maybe he is shy or perhaps he is not sure you like him. Try taking the lead or drop a few hints.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What a clever way to flirt with a girl... yes, it seems more intimate than buying her her own drink. (Of course, it could be that he is just cheap. LOL) He probably is just shy. You may have to up the ante by asking him when he is ever going to get around to asking you out.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    bottom line.. he wants to get you drunk and have sex with you.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Girls need to take more initiative in asking guys out. I wish they did it would make things more easier if it went both ways more often. (for the guys who are too damn shy to do it) (me at times, though I do try just not that often) But yeh it seems like theres a little thing he may have for you.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbleezyj View Post
    Girls need to take more initiative in asking guys out. .
    Nonsense. Facing your fear is what makes boys into men.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yes, vash you are correct, however i wouldn't mind a girl hitting on me. it's kinda arousing.

raverboy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When men want women to hit on them, it's because they are lazy. When boys want it, it's because they are scared. There is a difference; men can't allow fear to direct their behaviors.
    Last edited by vashti; 22-10-07 at 07:11 PM.

I wouldn't want a guy who didn't have the balls to ask me out.

I think he likes you, Lavender, but he's sure taking his time getting to the point, isn't he? You'd think if he's got the nerve to offer you a sip of his drink, he'd have what it takes to ask you out. Are you encouraging him? I think he might need a hint. Some guys don't want to ask a girl out unless it's a sure thing.
    Spammer Spanker

Well,I accept everything graciiously and always respond positively to him...its weird b/c he knows how to ask out other girls and flirt with them etc...he just can't or won't step up to the plate with me hence my confusion as to his motives...just don;t get it..like if he's not intersted he should leave me alone,no?Mixed signals siuckBTW,yes he is single

anachronistic Guest
    god damnit, this reminds me of my ex, who'd drink out of other guys' cups while we were together. it pissed me off.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    god damnit, this reminds me of my ex, who'd drink out of other guys' cups while we were together. it pissed me off.
    haha get over it, i would let my gf at the time make out with her friend. sure she was a girl.. but it didn't bother me. speaking of which, she probably drank out of everyone's drink because she was all buss but small things like that doesn't bother me.

raverboy

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    God, I feel so old-fashioned today. But I wouldn't offer someone *my* cup or foodplate & wouldn't share theirs, if I didn't feel intimate with them. Either a BF, SO or close friend/family members. Eww, cooties.... so he must like you?? Or am I missing something about the younger generation?

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Eww, cooties.... so he must like you?? Or am I missing something about the younger generation?
    Well, I can tell you there's a lot of food sharing at the lunch table in my daughter's grade school. She's definitely got cooties.

I wouldn't share food or a drink with someone I wouldn't kiss.
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Well, I can tell you there's a lot of food sharing at the lunch table in my daughter's grade school. She's definitely got cooties.
    THAT'S interesting. B/c food sharing is completely verboten at my son's school. Something about food/peanut allergies & death.

When I was young (yes, when the earths crust was still congealing) I remember chasing other, using bribes, etc to get a few Doritos or chocolate or whatever from the kid who had the best treat in their lunch that day, lol.

Now, my son hasn't had a good old PB & J at school ever. And he loves peanut butter. What a weird, risk-adverse society we live in that 20 other kids have to adjust their lives for the sake of one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast