+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the pretty nothings that mean everything

the pretty nothings that mean everything

im new here so hello everyone.
    over the past few months ive encountered all these feelings which are quiet foreign to me and i dont know how to deal with them. so theres this guy that ive been talking to for almost two years now. i met this guy through a website (omgsz i knowsz!) you see i was never a believer of all the "i fell in love with a guy i met online" thing but since ive been talking to him im really confused on this because quiet frankly ive started to have feelings for him. believe me if you were to ask me a year ago about this subject i would have given you a whole explanation on how a person cant truly have feelings for another person whom they have only met online. you see this guy and i share the same interests and such and i guess thats why we started talking in the first place. yes i like him and to be totally honest ive never ever felt the way i feel about him for anyone else. we started talking through instant messenger and then it got to emails and now letters and so on. i feel like i know him pretty well although i can never be sure because ive never met him in person but hes a really nice guy and thats the problem. hes shy and im shy and sometimes i think that he likes me as much as i like him but i can never be sure because hes a nice guy and i dont know if hes the same way to other girls/people. hes hinted that he wants to meet me and i have his phone number but have never gotten the courage to actually call him. he says that he likes my personality and mostly all the things he says make me grin like an idiot especially in his letters. when i first realized of what i was feeling i completely shut him off and didnt talk to him for a month or two and started to date a couple of people but somehow he always came to mind so i just gave up in my "ignore him" phase and continued talking to him. and now after ten months of on and off ignoring him thing and, of course, denial i still have feelings for him and they seem stronger and like i said before i get the feeling that he feels the same way. we both are really shy and i would never make the first move like some people might suggest and im going crazy because i dont know what to feel anymore and i just want to know what you guys think i should do, whether i just completely forget about him or what? what can i do to find out how he really feels besides just coming out bluntly and asking him do you like me. so yeah i need help and your responses will be greatly appreciated.
    thank you :]

Some spacing would be better..Easier to read and all. I don't know about meeting someone who you know just through instant messenger however if you really feel so much for this guy, i would get to know him a lot more before meeting. Maybe talking on the phone for awhile as well can help. Also, long distance relationships rarely work out so take that into consideration.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

I've been there. I was 17 at the time I believe. Everything was great, until we met. I dont know why, but when we met face-to-face, things changed. Next thing you know, there I was with a broken heart. Its hard to comprehend, but things can be very different in real live compared to what you think you know on the Internet. There's more to life than quality conversation via text msg.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    There's more to life than quality conversation via text msg.
    Yea, plenty of other expectations from the person i guess.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Tone Guest
    How far away are you two?

Also how old?

call him... and i met some of my best friends online....they lived one town away and were just out of Highschool so i would have never met them otherwise. but they are really cool guys. so for me it has been worth it. i say give it a try. meet him

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    How far away are you two?

Also how old?

about 90 miles away and we are both 17, typical teenagers eh

Quote Originally Posted by stability
    about 90 miles away and we are both 17, typical teenagers eh
    So you're sure he's not a 40 year old perv?

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    So you're sure he's not a 40 year old perv?
    hahahaha im pretty sure hes not 40, hes only 2 months older than i am and hes a senior in high school while im a freshman in college. and plus i saw him at a show i went to once but never got the chance to talk to him so im pretty sure he isnt lying about his age hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    I've been there. I was 17 at the time I believe. Everything was great, until we met. I dont know why, but when we met face-to-face, things changed. Next thing you know, there I was with a broken heart. Its hard to comprehend, but things can be very different in real live compared to what you think you know on the Internet. There's more to life than quality conversation via text msg.
    yeah things do change and that partially what makes me scared but ive met these two great people that ive talked to online and im still friends with them and i hope that if i ever meet him, which i doubt i will, things would end up good even as just friends and not bad.

Sorry to be a drag, but I don't consider internet people "real" until you have met face to face. Have you noticed how when you read a good novel, you can usually relate deeply to the main characters? (And they are 100% NOT real.) People can portray themselves anyway they like on the internet.

Human attraction involves a great deal of physical attraction and connectedness, and I've heard this can account for as much as 80% of how you feel about another person. A written word can't compete with a deep, soulful look into another person's eyes.

Everyone looks good on paper. Try to keep some perspective, or you will end up bitterly disappointed.
    Last edited by shh!; 22-09-05 at 05:16 AM.

Wow, great analysis Shh. I wish someone would have told me that when I was 17. Could have saved some heartache
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Tone Guest
    I'm hurt... shh! does this mean I don't exist to you........................?

Don't worry, Tone, you exist in living color in my dreams at night.
    :-D

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Sorry to be a drag, but I don't consider internet people "real" until you have met face to face. Have you noticed how when you read a good novel, you can usually relate deeply to the main characters? (And they are 100% NOT real.) People can portray themselves anyway they like on the internet.

Human attraction involves a great deal of physical attraction and connectedness, and I've heard this can account for as much as 80% of how you feel about another person. A written word can't compete with a deep, soulful look into another person's eyes.

Everyone looks good on paper. Try to keep some perspective, or you will end up bitterly disappointed.
    thats exactly what i thought until now and now its just confusing because im going against what i believed in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast