+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love Long Distance + Pace

Jumping into a Relationship - How fast is too fast?

I met this great man online about 2 months ago. A month and a half after talking to him almost everyday, we decided to meet in person. I had mixed feelings about getting into a new relationship, since I had only been single for 3 months, and told him that I really don't want anything serious right now. He told me he was moving away in 2 weeks.

So we hung out as just friends and really really hit it off, and just started seeing each other everyday. Eventually after about 6 days of hanging out we started getting intimate and realized we were totally falling for each other.

I have only been living in the city for a year, but is it crazy that him and I are already talking about me moving to where he lives? He is 27 and I am 26. It's been about 2 weeks since we've seen each other and he already bought me a plane ticket to meet his family in 3 weeks. How fast is too fast and how do you make a long distance relationship work? How often do couples in a long distance relationship talk?
    Last edited by mspandaroo; 01-06-09 at 12:26 PM.

Well, I think every relationship goes at it's own pace. There's no set rules , as long as both of you are comfortable at the pace you're going. I've had enough of long distance relationships but from my experience with them it's good to talk at least once a day. I'm apart from my significant other for the summer and we talk every day, text back and forth, and call each other every so often. But it's also important to stay tuned into what's going on there with your life. Part of being in a long distance relationship is how fast things go when you do spend time together in person. There's no set pace, but just be aware of each of your comfort levels, make sure you talk to each other. Last thing I worry about in a relationship is the pacing, I go with what feels natural.

Post Before was actually right

Contrary to what I've seen that person write on other threads, they are right. I did a long distance relationship where we talked for hours a day. LITERALLY great relationships can be all about timing. Pace is determined by eachothers wants and needs and this could be what you both are looking for. If your liking the way it goes than why postpone it? Postpone marriage and moving in together only for financial and emotional repercussions, but literally all you need to worry about about is eachothers arguing style. If you guys have clear lines of communications and are straight forward to be on the same page you can jump together.

p.s. my long distance ended after 2000$ of plane expenses, 3 months, 3 calling plan changes, and finally getting to be together and realized it wasn't the relationship we thought it would be .

Peterjohn

in my point of view its not so fast
    there is no time limit in love
    it can happen in just a jiffy
    so think too much believe in your self and believe in your love
    and close your eyes near beach(sea side)
    and think you can live without him or not
    if u can live then it is just infatuation not love ok
    take care