+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE FANS OF THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS AND HAVEN'T READ THIS ONE: TAKE THIS AS A WARNING THAT THERE MAY BE SPOILERS ON THIS THREAD FOR I INTEND TO DISCUSS THIS LATEST BOOK WITHOUT WITHHOLDING ANY DETAILS ON THE BOOK!!!

Okay..here we go.

First of all, I hope I can find some comfort in those of you loyal to the series too because I'm totally in mourning. Rowling is merciless..how can she do this to us. She took Dumbledor! I was honestly in a sad-somber mood yesterday when I finished the book. I couldn't belive it. I felt like I was Harry and I'm like.."now what?". He's not ready. He can't take on you-know-who yet. He was thoroughly dominated by Snape, effortlessly. And how where in the hell will he start looking for Horcruxes?

No doubt something will happen..he'll get help from somewhere, maybe this R.A.B. has done a lot of the legwork...but here's a thought another HP fan from work said:

He doesn't think Harry is really dead. He's thinking that it happened too fast..that Snape is in on it and somehow just him and Snape had a plan. He got me wondering and perhaps there will be something more to this death. Or he may be dead, but he planned the whole thing.

In any case, I'm so sad about what happened..does anybody empathize??

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't read the book...

HOW COULD YOU SPOIL THE ENDING FOR ME?!

hola nomás

you finished yesterday? I read it twice!!

ok.. Ill start with the spoilers....Do not read if you want to findout yourself

First, the second chapter is so... strange.. really, i donīt know what to think about Snape, donīt know if he is good or bad, but, I hate him because he murdered D.
    I remember when I was reading, after the horcrux, when they get to hogsmeade and he is so weak , and the dark mark... I felt I could breathe... but no! me engaņó!!
    thereīs something strage there, I mean in the castle, why D. tells him to call Snape? and why when he sees Draco, does that spell?
    Is he saving harry or maybe forcing him to see everything more clearly?
    Is really Draco bad? I mean... he doesnīt look like he did wanted to kill him... or like he could do it
    and Snape.. why does D. say: Severus.. Severus ... please"
    why does he beg!!! I donīt understan anything. I want to think that he was on D. orders...
    And I also see that he "saved" Harry telling the other death eaters that Harry was for Vold. .. so
    Could Snape still be in the good side? Is the Order going to belive in him?
    When is the picture of Dumbledore going to talk?
    Where is Flawkes?
    Is Ginny important because she is the 7th generation and 7th dauther?
    how is Harry going to find the horcruxes if Dumbeldore wasnīt able to do it ...?
    Is RAB Regulus Black?
    Is the locket from Mundungus a horcrux?
    Is harry a horcrux? that could be the reason of parsel, those felling from V. and all those strange things... but then.. ŋwhy is Harry still good?

oh.. I have so many questions...
    when I first read it i felt so sad.. I cried!!

snifffffffffffff
    Y morirme contigo si te matas, y matarme contigo si te mueres,
    porque el amor cuando no muere mata, porque amores que matan nunca mueren

Hada..you pretty much covered everything I was thinking and had discussed with others..and you added a couple of extras. Interesting thought, about Harry being one of the horcruxes..you may be right, which means he may have to die. I never realized that Ginny WAS the seventh daughter..but I don't remember anything about 7th generation..where is this mentioned?

It does seem like it happened way too fast for it not to have been planned. Either Dumbledore is NOT dead or he definitely planned it, I'm thinking now. And it does seem Snape definitely was protecting Harry...but I don't know, Hada..there could also be explanations like he wanted Snape because he was a great potions master and good with Dark Arts, so he needed him to heal him.

I also have to go back and read up on Regulus Black because someone else mentioned it may be him.

I'm fairly convinced, more and more, now, that Dumbledore had this all planned. He was too great to die just like this, so fast. It's probably all part of his plan and Snape is still on the right side, but there are still a lot of questions, like "Why not tell Harry what was going on?" Or the other members of the Order? I'm thinking maybe the Order knows, but Harry was led to believe he truly was dead so that he somehow built some character necessary for him to continue...

I loved this book but I also hate it, because at least Dumbledore was talking to Harry, he shows him was he knows about Voldemort and what he thinks... but he doesnīt says everything.

I donīt understan why Dumbeldore is sometimes so quiet about thing that might be usefull.

Maybe Snape and Dumbeldore had a plan, maybe he doesnīt tell anyone about why the trust thim because of posible .... occlumency ( well that! I donīt know how to say that!)
    maybe they could communicate between them that way... maybe if someone else knows, Snape could not spy Voldemort.
    Other thing
    maybe the trusts Snape because the forced him to protect Harry, the same thing he did with Draco.. the unbreakeŋ? vow or something

About Ginny.. I really donīt remember were i see that thing from 7 generations, but Iīve looked at JKR page and she says almost the same as in lexicon:

For the last couple of generations, the Weasley children have all been male (Arthur, for example, is one of three brothers); Ginny Weasley, born in 1981, was the first girl to come along for quite some time (JKR). Both Molly and Arthur are related to the Black family.

So maybe I could imagine that info... but it would make sense 7 and 7... ginny+Harry and the 7 horcruxes + the love tha Dumbledore so much says itīs the most powerfull thing Harry has

Some quotes about Ginny

[url]http://www.hp-lexicon.org/essays/essay-harry-ginny.html[/url]

For the last couple of generations, the Weasley children have all been male (Arthur, for example, is one of three brothers); Ginny Weasley, born in 1981, was the first girl to come along for quite some time (JKR). Both Molly and Arthur are related to the Black family.

The fact that Ginny is the first girl to be born into the Weasley family in generations is meant to indicate that Ginny will be a very gifted witch.

nomás I have a few things in spanish about what I think of the book.. if you want to read them I can send them

Para luego es tarde, Hada..ya sabes a donde escribirme, no? Mandame un mail si quieres y ahi lo discutiremos..de hecho tengo otros conocidos que tal vez les interese nuestra platica, yo les extiendo la invitacion..

Furthermore..what do you think about Percy? Do you think he'll end up doing something important in the end? His behavior seems to be so much like a Slytherin, it's a wonder he ended up a Gryffindor..so maybe he'll bring out the Griffindor in him in the end.

oy!
    Iīve never thought about Percy... itīs real the looks like a Slytherin, only thinking in this own glory

but JKR said that the hat never gets a wrong decision... in the last interview:

ES: Has the sorting hat ever been wrong?
    JKR: No.
    ES: Really?
    JKR: Mm-mm. Do you have a theory?
    ES: I have heard a lot of theories.
    JKR: [laugh] I bet you have. No. [laugh] Sorry.
    MA: That's interesting, because that would suggest that the voice comes more from a person's own head than the hat itself -
    JKR: [makes mysterious noise]
    MA: And that maybe when it talks on its own it comes from -
    JKR: The founders themselves.
    MA: Yeah. Interesting. How much of a role are the founders going to play in book seven?
    JKR: Some, as you probably have guessed from the end of six. There's so much that I want to ask you, but you're supposed to interview me, so come on. (Laughter]

so, if it is always right, the Percy must have gryffindor blood somewhere, but maybe he isnīt important enough to be en book seven, he es to much proud to go back home... I donīt really think he wanted to go with slugorn, the ministry just took him to talk with Harry.

I think NEville could be important, someone said that Snapeīs hated pupils where Harry and Neville, both the ones that could end with Voldemort

mierda! eso tambien tengo que tenerlo en cuenta!

why does he hate them so much? now that we know that he was he spy ho heard the profecy... I donīt think he is really sorry about the Potters , neither of Harry, maybe he is forced to help him, my theory about de unbreakeble vow of dumbledore to him could make sense

Yeah, I think Neville will be more important..and reading what you posted about Ginny and other such characters that Rowling draws us away from, they end up being important in the end..and book seven being the LAST AND FINAL ending, it will be interesting.

AAHH!! I want to read it NOW!!

When will book seven be out??

jajajaja yo tambien quiero leerlo ya..

jaja pero dice que no empieza a escribir hasta ... buaaaaaaaaaa

cuenta que en unos dos aņos al menos

NOOOO!!

Como nos puede hacer esto?? Que si me muero antes???

Que crueldad de mujer, no manches! No queda mas que tener discusiones mientras tanto y tratar de pasar el tiempo leyendo los primeros 6 libros una y otra vez...

you have an e-mail

well just hope she will be safe and alive until the 7th book...
    JKR do not go outside your house!! go and writte!!!

no, I meant waht if I die before the 7th book..but you're right, it would be even worse if SHE died..we'd all be screwed.. But I bet she at least already has some notes as to what happens in Harry's life that should get released in the event that she died.

Anyway, I'm going through the email now..I'll answer it when I'm done..

Tone Guest
    LoL there would be a civil war... total chaos if something happened to that woman that prohibited her from finishing that Harry Potter book... people be lovin their Harry Potter.

I've never read any of the books, family forced me to watch the first movie that I fell asleep in it - so I can't really add to this thread... but I do know that people be lovin their Harry Potter...

I knew that you where saying about you, but really, It would be much worse if she died.. imagine how many fans... whithout knowing the end...

mad...

Hi Tone, I remember that my little brother a few years ago, he watch that film every day, and Harry POtter made me sik, I didnīt like it, imagine day after day...

Well, once, I was lost in a village, very very bored, so, I saw a book.. wow... HP I thougt.. but it was the best I could do, it was the second one, and I read it

after that one, I looked for the third one, and the next... not like a fan.. there where monsth between one and the others but I did like it a bit after reading the first book.

Imagine when I found myself searching on internet because I heard that the order of phoenix was out in english! so.. I wanted it in spanish, I didnīt like reading in english... Iīve never done it.. since I got in my hands Harry Potter. After reading a strange traslation fron The order, I when to a shop and I brought a book in english.

my father couldnīt belive it... haha me? reading in english? yeah!
    and now I have then all in english, and I understand them except a few words, but itīs ok

Iīm happy with me, and happy with JKR... maybe she did kids read, but she made my read in english and that is good.

Now I have also the audiobooks, and about a month ago, I told my father to listen to it on the car, just for my brother.. and now heīs asking me for the books, he wants to know the story... of course after calling me a obssesed fan of HP... now he is a little fan too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast