+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Asking her to meet after failing twice

Asking her to meet after failing twice

Ok so I have been chatting with this one girl online. I asked her if she would like to meet (it was our second day of chatting) and she said she would like to chat just a bit longer so she would feel more comfortable. I said that's fine and continued chatting with her. I then asked 2 weeks later on a Friday and asked if she would like to get together on Saturday. She said she would liek to but she had made plans earlier in the week and can't really break them now.

So it's been another week and a half and I want to ask her if she would like to meet again. Should I just come out and ask her if she would like to get together this weekend or upcoming week? I don't want it to look like I'm being pushy about it or come off as desperate, but If she comes up with another excuse it's to the point where I'll just forget about it

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it depends on how old you are
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Is this a dating site you are chatting on? If it is, and she continues to say she isn't available, I would take that to mean that although she may enjoy your conversations, she isn't really interested in meeting you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

maybe she is totally new to the whole meeting people online thing. It's a pretty "scary" concept when you are new. You always hear "horror" stories about girls who meet guys online and they end up to be a stalker or crazy person. Maybe she is just taking precautions and wants to feel 100% comfortable before meeting up with a stranger. It's a bit different for a girl than a guy. Girls are more vulnerable to crazy stuff like "rape" and getting chopped up in bits left in a suitcase. Give her time until she feels comfortable. Don't be too pushy.

Ask her if she wants to meet you for this weekend. If she says no, ask for the following weekend. If she says "no" to both, she is not comfortable meeting you yet. Make sure the meeting place is public, like a bar or restaurant.

And leave the hockey mask and machete at home this time. Ok bro?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)