+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Failing at Passion

Failing at Passion

Alright, this is my first post, so I am a little bit nervous. I am 21, just moved back in with my parents (they live across the street from my university), and am really confused about relationships. My family has always imposed very conservative views on me, so I have very little experience (I've only had sex with one person, and that was after almost a year). I have gone out with guys for absurd lengths of time without being intimate, and if I am pressured, I just panic and cut off contact.

I have no idea how to break the cycle, and it feels much less acceptable to be this prudish the older I get. As for the current situation, I have gone on four dates with the nicest guy I've met in a long time, but he is generally too aggressive for me and keeps hinting at how we are going to sleep together this weekend. I don't know what to think.

Is he being vulgar for presuming or is this to be expected? Should I just let go and have fun for the sake of the experience? Is it worth being judged by my parents (he will for sure want me to stay the night)?

When it comes down to it, is it worth it to have sex with someone you can't see yourself with a month from now?

Any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by SqueakyClean; 30-03-14 at 12:17 PM.

You are not being a prude, you are being wise. The thing is you have only been out 4 times, that doesn't not constitute that it's time to have sex. You have sex because you want to and feel comfortable with it not because he wants it. You have to communicate to him your expectations, don't let him assume anything, tell him straight. He obviously doesn't know you well enough to understand, that's why this has to be brought up.

So when and whom you have sex with is up to YOU. Don't let him manipulate you into thinking he's going to turn and run. If that's the case, it was just about him and not about you.

Oh and you are also NOT obligated to "stay the night". Screw that, you go home to your parents if you feel you should. No sense in added more stress to your life by upsetting them while living under their roof.
    Last edited by smackie9; 30-03-14 at 12:40 PM.