+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ladies, Has This Happened to You??

Ladies, Has This Happened to You??

So. I screwed up ladies. I am not one to open up to many ppl. But I did recently with this woman I met. She melted me down like no other I have ever met. And she did it FAST... I have a lot of charisma. I'm animated. Passionate. I talk with my hands and stuff. I involve people. But not many people. And I tell those people what I think and how I feel. So. I told her about these strong feelings. It turned her off. She's gone...This is the first time I have had such strong feelings for someone so fast. Is this why ppl don't share their true feelings? Out of fear it will not be accepted? Oh, and how do I load a pic on here? lol

Yes, I've dated a guy before where I thought things were going nicely and it felt very casual and comfortable, then it suddenly took a turn where he revealed strong feelings. Me personally, I felt like it was just too soon for him to possibly feel the way he was saying he felt, and that it was just infatuation. One occasion, I told him it was too soon and that I didn't want to continue seeing him because it felt awkward. He begged me to give him a chance, but I told him I was sorry and left it at that. I felt bad, but I was upfront, at least. Another time, wasn't quite as awkward because we had a bit more of a deeper relationship, but I knew it was just too soon. I continued seeing him but told him I didn't like expressing feelings of love and such just yet. Of course, this all varies from person to person. Some people are okay with this sudden intensity, but it might be best to make sure you hang back from her, and if possible, maybe let her see you moving on and enjoying life and if she responds in any way, be very casual but still attentive. In the future, it might be best to try to feel out a person on where they stand with moving into this kind of expression so quickly. It's not for everyone.

generally its good to be authentic
    but it can be overwhelming

its the equivalent of seeing a nice girl youd like to undress and going up to her and telling her exactly that

there are people who can handle that
    and there are people who cant.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.