+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he really just a friend? I'm so confused...

Is he really just a friend? I'm so confused...

Hey guyz...it's my first post here, so hopefully i can get some responses

So this guy and i have been friends for like 2 yrs, and we call each other best friends. We share the same interests so we do lots of stuff together. We hang out a lot, just the 2 of us, and i really enjoy those times.

But something's been confusing me a lot. When we hang out, it doesn't feel like i'm hanging out with a friend, he holds me around my waist or my shoulder so i can be pulled toward him all the time, he touches my hair and my face sometimes, and we cuddle a lot. I've never been in a relationship before so i don't really know if those are the things that a guy would do to his girfriend, but the guyz i've dated don't do things quite the same way. Sometimes i feel that maybe i'm just being paranoid cuz maybe those are just the things u do to ur best friends to show that u care about them.

He doesn't seem to see that there's a problem, and we haven't talked about it either. I usually act like i didn't even notice all those affection. I mean it is harmless, it's not like he touches my butt or boobs or anything. But it's really confusing, i don't even know if he is into me or maybe he just wants to cop a feel, sometimes this thought repels me cuz he's my best friend and i don't want to have a best friend who's obsessed with flirting.

I just want to know what he wants from me, but it's way too awkward to ask. Can anyone help?

If you don't want to ask him, maybe you can work it out for yourself by answering these questions:

Has your best friend had a girlfriend before in the two years you have known him (and if yes did he treat you differently)?

Is he touchy feely with other people also, or just with you?

And is he actually straight? LOL! I thought that one would be important too

Lastly, are you comfortable with all that touchy feely business and not knowing the reasons for sure? If not, try to just find out the truth from him, as awkward as it may be.

BubbleFreak is dead on. How does he act with other friends?

I have a female friend who is very touchy-feely. Always greets me with a hug and a kiss, often falls asleep with her head on my chest or in my lap if we're hanging out watching movies. But she acts the same way with her other guy friends, that's just how she is with her friends.

As long as it doesn't make you uncomfortable, embrace it. Nothing at all wrong with have an affectionate friend

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitioner View Post
    Hey guyz...it's my first post here, so hopefully i can get some responses

So this guy and i have been friends for like 2 yrs, and we call each other best friends. We share the same interests so we do lots of stuff together. We hang out a lot, just the 2 of us, and i really enjoy those times.
    Just to help us get a better perspective, how old are the 2 of you ?

Thanks!! Those questions really helped.

Quote Originally Posted by sehvral View Post
    BubbleFreak is dead on. How does he act with other friends?

I have a female friend who is very touchy-feely. Always greets me with a hug and a kiss, often falls asleep with her head on my chest or in my lap if we're hanging out watching movies. But she acts the same way with her other guy friends, that's just how she is with her friends.

As long as it doesn't make you uncomfortable, embrace it. Nothing at all wrong with have an affectionate friend
    I guess i do feel comfortable having an affectionate friend. And for now i'll probably just do nothing and see how this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by asdfg789 View Post
    Just to help us get a better perspective, how old are the 2 of you ?
    i'm 18 and he's 19...we're still in college