+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want be more than friend but i am confused...

I want be more than friend but i am confused...

Hi to you all!!
    I have read some threads here but i want to explain my very own situation specifically.I've underlined the key points.

So,i am a 1st year university student,and there is this girl i like that she is 1st year also and we attend the same courses.I know her 3 months now.I talk a lot with her every day,and she is a member of what i call "Our company".I mean the core of the company is me and 4 other guys,and she frequently comes along with 1-2 friends of her(girls).I am almost always the one that invites her.
    Also she lives very close to my house so on the way back from university or the place we were with the company we walk together for 10-15 minutes.
    She didnt have a relationship as long as i know her and the same applies to me.I dont think she has many experiences with men.
    She is very sweet and kind.And that is what confuses me!

I mean she is so kind and feels sorry for people that she might well not enjoy my company at all but she wouldn't tell me!I believe she DOES enjoy my company but i can't be sure because I am most usually the one getting to open a conversation and being close with her.As a friend always.

Hints she might like me:
    1)She comes with the company when i invite her.But maybe it means nothing.
    2)There a course that only 2-3 people attend,thats her and 2 friends of her(girls).I have attended 2 times(to get time with her).Since then she always asks me if i will attend the course today.She seems sad when i answer no.
    POST CONTINUES>>>>

3) She responses to some sexual implicits but they dont involve her.

Think that make me rethink about it:
    1)I am not sure of how she feels and i want to be before i make a move!
    2)She resposes to my close friend who is a teasing guy and it is clear that he is hitting on her.But i am sure she doesnt like him this way because of the following dialogue between them:
    Myfriend:"I think i dont have ur mobile number"
    She:"Yeah,i think u dont"
    Myfriend:"i am certain i dont"
    End of the dialogue.He got her number only a month later.
    BUT he responses to his teases more than mine,although i am shy and i only rarely do it.
    3)I am afraid she will say "YOU PRETENDED to be friend with me to hit on me!!"
    4)If she rejects me it would be awkward,because we see each other at University,we live close and have all that common friends.

Right now now i am crazy about her,but i constantly change my mind about what i am gonna do with her.
    Last edited by xinvoker; 19-01-08 at 02:46 AM.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do it now. Right now.

Your window of opportunity is closing.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's gonna really suck if your friend gets to go out with her because he asks her first.

Try something like this (very casually):

Hey _________, what would you say if I asked you out?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Do it now. Right now.

Your window of opportunity is closing.
    You mean that soon enough she'll only be able to see me as a friend?

I agree with Mathias.

Over think, over analyze or over plan and a potential relationship is usually over before it gets underway.

~Sphinx

@vashti:Yeah i know,that would REALLY suck.(but i dont think it will happen)
    You are right,i think thats what i will do.But my friend made indirect flirting and he got an indirect "no".They still talk and are in the same company without feeling awkward at all.A direct hit could lead to a downright rejection which could make thinks awkward. But maybe i am thinking too much about "what if i fail?".

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by xinvoker View Post
    But my friend made indirect flirting and he got an indirect "no".
    That's b/c she's waiting for YOU, silly. Go get her, Tiger. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    That's b/c she's waiting for YOU, silly. Go get her, Tiger. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
    Wow!Never thought it that way!Now i am really excited.That help my psychology!Thank you!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by xinvoker View Post
    Wow!Never thought it that way!Now i am really excited.That help my psychology!Thank you!
    You're welcome. And just in case you wonder, yes I meant it absolutely. I think you have a pretty good chance of success if you act soon as Mathias said.

On the chance she isn't interested, I wouldn't take it personally. She may not be interested in anyone (tho it sounds to me she likes you). Either way, I don't know any reasonable woman who would fault you for trying (its flattering to her afterall). It shows you've got 'mojo' which a woman likes.

Good luck!

One more thing:Its exams time and she reads a lot so i must wait until it finishes(well,i have to read too!).How should i act until then?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you just tell her you are going to ask her out after exams are over?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Why don't you just tell her you are going to ask her out after exams are over?
    Well,that that sounds a weird thing to say..."I'll ask you out after the exams are finished".Governments make less announcements before they act LOL!!
    No offense but that would give her too much time to think about it and maybe get anxious and doubtful.And wont seem casual.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I guess it all depends on delivery. You certainly have to have some confidence to pull it off. For example, rather than worrying that she might find an excuse to avoid the date, a confident male might have seen it as a way to build anticipation.

you jave to ask her out. its not a matter of awekward anymore. if you do and she only sees you as a friend then you laugh it of, or pretend to, and everythinis fine. for a given value of fine. but... if you do not ask her out and she was in love with you then you will hate your self for all day every day for all your days and nights you have and that is just too cruel.

besides, asking her out could be one of the happiest events of your life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast