+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused by a friend

Confused by a friend

Hey,

Ok, I'm now really confused by my friend and think I might have missed the chance to have an amazing relationship. Basically there is this girl I have known for about 3 years and we have always got on amazingly. When I first met her she had a bf but said she loved me a few times. I'm pretty sure that she only meant as a friend. When she split up with him we went for a few drinks and she was talking about wanting a new bf but nothing ever came of it.

I moved city but we were still friends on fb. She finished uni and moved back home which happened to be in the city I was living in. We spent alot of time together going for drinks and enjoying each others company. I mentioned I was thinking of moving city again and she said "am I going to have to chase you there too?". I thought we were still good friends but this planted the seed of something more in my mind. Then once we were sitting together and she said "we should get married someday". I thought it was odd as we weren't even going out, I just played it cool. She was saying she wanted to get an apartment together but I already had plans on moving away. I moved but went to visit her again. She ended up coming back to my parents house and sleeping in my bed but nothing happened. One night she told me she loved me and again I played it cool. At this point I'm thinking this is definitely developing into something serious so I went to visit her the next week when she was having a house party. There is a guy there that she is getting on with and the next thing he is in her bed passed out. I'm pretty sure she told him to go and lay there. I wasn't happy after the previous week and she drunkenly told me I had no right to be angry as we were just friends. She was totally right but i felt like she had made me feel like there was something more. She said she was sorry if she had. She apologised the next morning for saying anything that might of upset me but I left the next day feeling very confused and a little like I have been lead on. It was quite awkward before I left. Now I'm thinking I should have made a move earlier as she seemed so keen and now we are destined to remain friends. The thing is I think I'm in love and can't stop thinking about her. Anyone have a clue what I should do?

P.s. Sorry for the essay it's just quite a long story :-)
    Last edited by Wallander; 09-01-11 at 10:38 AM.

mmm ok being a cynic i see it this way "im lonely/insecure i need some affection, this nice guy is here i'll just use him for that". now i am a glass half empty type of guy so dont take me seriously if you dont want to but thats how i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallander View Post
    I left the next day feeling very confused and a little like I have been lead on. It was quite awkward before I left. Now I'm thinking I should have made a move earlier as she seemed so keen and now we are destined to remain friends.
    You got that right

I think she is just flirting with you in a healthy way. If she says she loves you, she means it as a friend because YOU ARE FRIENDS. I also think she might be using you, it is convenient to live together (as roommates) and you are obviously very nice to hang out with. But if I was geniunly interested in a guy, I would not tell him that I want a new boyfriend. I would just pursue him and try not to scare him off. Claiming things like that should be left to the girlfriends over a gossip-session.