+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What happened between her and I?

poo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

What happened between her and I?

Hi I'm posting here because I don't know where else to turn.

Meet girl in anxiety ward. I'm 20, she's 17. We get along really well, get intimate. She clearly really likes me. I tell her I want to stay in contact with her when we get out. She says yeah but doesn't usually respond to people's messages. She also mentions she is going to be working alot over the summer for her dad. We hang out a couple of times after we are out, we share a bed at a friends house and have oral sex then spend half the next day in bed talking. Her mother picks her up and she kisses me on the lips goodbye and sends a sad face after she has left.

I tell her to hang out with me the next weekend, she can't because she is working. I make other plans, she texts me a lot. Talk about stuff we want to do together. We talk almost daily. One time she calls me and we chat for half an hour. I tell her to hang out with me the next weekend, she can't again but when I tell her that I want to have a gathering at my house the weekend after that she says "haha okay sounds good". She ends up pulling out later in the week, I get flustered and text her "what's wrong I feel like we don't see each other anymore", she replies "sorry my therapist has taken over my life and is making me stay at my dads place on weekends". i call her to tell her I'm not annoyed if I came across like that, phone call is awkward and she is busy and tells me to just text her.

At this point she stops initiating contact and for a few weeks I just message her once a week to see how she is, tell her what bands I want to see with her etc. Her responses are less enthusiastic, though she is still making conversation. After not talking to her for almost two weeks I message her but she doesn't respond. A few days later I message a female friend of ours who we also met at the clinic to say I'm not doing too good. Half an hour later the girl I like randomly sends me a message. I continue talking to her like this:

Me: What's up with you? Are you doing okay?

Her: Yeah I'm alright I guess. Just working and what not. How about you?

Me: Working too and going out with my friend. I've noticed you haven't been as interested in talking to me as much as you used to. Is there any other reason for this besides work? I feels as if there's a reason. I'm busy up until after Christmas, but I still want to hang out with you.

Her: Haha there's no reason to do with you, it's just that, first of all, I'm absolutely terrible at responding to messages. I never actually go online on fb chat. I've just been super tired and fairly busy etc. also sometimes I see that ive got a message but don't click on it and then forget it's there (but I do that to everyone) so yeah it's not you but I'm sorry anyway. I'm pretty busy these holidays because I'm working like everyday.. But I'd still like to catch up sometime xx

Me: Okay that's clear to me now. Is it not because you aren't allowed to hang out with me? I was concerned that was the issue. If not I will be free in January so we could hang out then

Her: Haha noo. It doesn't matter if I'm allowed to or not. I always find a way. But yeah, it's just because I'm a terrible replier. I'm working in January but if I have a day off, I'll let you know

I am so confused.
    Is she no longer interested but just being polite?
    Did I mess up at any point?

No, shes just not really that interested..... its no big deal and you did nothing wrong.

Wait till she calls you...till then date other girls

People form bonds within the clinical environment because they're in a vulnerable state - they need an emotional crutch. My sister was in detox for a month; while in there, she got close to a guy that she would never get close to in the outside world. Unfortunately, she saw him once after they got out and she immediately realized it was purely a 'detox' thing and let him down gently. I think this girl doesn't really know how to say it outright, but she's not interested at this point so let it be. She would definitely 'find' a way to see you if she wanted to.

poo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TablesandChairs View Post
    Unfortunately, she saw him once after they got out and she immediately realized it was purely a 'detox' thing and let him down gently.
    Both times we've seen each other since it has gone perfect. She was all over me.