+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What happened? What to do?

What happened? What to do?

This girl and I that I slightly knew reconnected, and although we haven't seen eachother in about 5 years, we started talking and we went out on Saturday. We spent 8 hours together. We talked for most of it and found out we have a lot in common with eachother. We flirted and even held hands at one point. At the end of the night she hugged me and said I was the best. Then texted me Thank you and said she had a nice time and we will definitely see eachother again soon. Next day more texting.

The next day I call her, we talk for a while, then she says she has to tell me something. Ugh. She said she thinks she likes her friend and doesn't want to lead me on. After the very awkward conversation, we text eachother some more and she says she likes me but not in the way that i do. We talk some more and want to become friends because we did have chemistry with eachother. And today she texts me like nothing ever happened.

Now, I can take the hint if we didn't have good time, but this girl and I (I thought) really had a great time. This is why I'm so bummed about it. I just don't get it. If she didn't like me at all, why did we spent so much time together? Or even go out at all. At one point I said I can take her home and she suggested we see a movie! I guess she just didn't feel anything for me? I've never felt like this after a first date before. At this point I still want to tell her that after our date all I wanted to do was talk to her again.

I know I sound like a little kid, I just don't know how to go about this. Should I bother trying to be friends? Should I tell her how I feel and ask her what happened because I thought we had a great time?

If you read all this, thanks.

She likes the other guy better, I'd guess. It does sound like she had a good time on your date. Maybe she got a little caught up in the moment, but the next day realized she didn't want to give up this other thing she has going on. Tough break. Though, it was good of her to tell you straight up like that. Sucks, but now you know exactly what's up.

If you want to be friends, then please, for the love of god, don't do it because you think it will lead to something more. Do it if you honestly enjoy her company and would have absolutely no problem hearing about/seeing her with another guy.

We flirted and even held hands at one point.

hard out, thats gay that she did that. but at least she was honest about everything to you.
    best friends?? haha
    nah id let go slowly, keep yourself from being too hurt.
    she doesnt know it but she will probably hurt you just by the way she behaves.
    poor you, and also i reckon poor girl.