+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Bad idea?

Bad idea?

Okay, this isn't necessarily dating related, but it's close. There's a girl and a guy I know (I'm a guy, by the way). I developed a big crush on the girl, asked her out, and she turner me down. I struggled a lot with getting over it, because I don't meet women I want to date very often, so it kinda sticks with me longer than it should. But, I understand and accept that she and I will never date.

I found out that she and that other guy dated in the past (before I ever wanted to date her), but things ended badly because he was seeing another girl. Lately, she and I have been drifting apart, as friends, which has made me kinda sad. She's also become very chummy with that other guy.

He's still dating the girl he two-timed her with, but he flirts a lot with this girl, and I feel like she might be into him again. I'm not holding anything against her for who she wants to date, but I feel very... uncomfortable around the two of them, because I still have lingering feelings.

I've thought about maybe telling this guy about it, in hopes that maybe he'll try to tone it down when I'm around, so it doesn't bug me as much. On the other hand, I don't know if he's the territorial type that would use what I tell him against me and possibly make this girl want to stay away from me.

I'm torn, here, because if I say nothing, I continue to feel bad seeing this happen right in front of me. But if I talk to him and he ends up screwing me over, that would be horrible. It's like I lose either way.

Indestructible, I don't believe you have any right to ask friends to change their behaviour around you. If you don't like how they behave, then don't spend time with them. It's that simple

Well, I didn't mean that I'd ask him to change anything, I just hoped that maybe I could talk to him and he'd be understanding. I try to stay away from them when I can, but there are plenty of times when that just doesn't end up happening, and I can't help feeling uncomfortable and bothered.