+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confidence...can guys tell?

Confidence...can guys tell?

Hello,

Ive been in a messed up situation for some time now. I was dating my ex boyfriend for 5 years we were only 16. During that time i gained weight..my confidence completely went away. He would always make me feel like crap and what not. Back to now ive been single for a year and a half now. I still have no confidencde about myself and i seem to always get rejected. I know im not an ugly girl because when i was slimmer and more confidence i never seemed to have that problem. Im really close with my best friend which is a guy. I did tell him that i had a bit of feelings with him and ofcourse he said he just sees me as a friend. Is it because of my lack of confidence? Is there a possible way when i start to feel happy about myself that feelings will grow for him? I really like him and i want to see if there was something there. He never gave me a legit reason to why he doesnt like me all he said was because he doesnt want to ruin the friendship. I know i need to work on my confidence and make myself happy but i just wanted to hear it from someone else and hear somebody elses opinion on this. Thank you

Who knows what will happen. The fact of the matter us that you're not happy with yourself

You need to forget about a future relationship with this man and concentrate on yourself. I know you already know this but that's all that can be said

It has nothing to do with confidence. He is not attracted to you in that way. Since he doesn't share your feelings, you need to look elsewhere. Good luck.

What do you feel that you lack in order to regain confidence?

Is it mainly the weight issue?

He doesn't need to give you a reason; he told you enough which is he doesn't want to pursue a relationship with you, regardless of what you do. Don't ruin a friendship for a wild goose chase .

You've already been 'friendzoned'. No amount of confidence will undo this.

Work on yourself. Then the next guy who comes along will find you more appealing.