+ Follow This Topic

Thread: ok so this is tough help

ok so this is tough help

ok so i recently broke up with my 20 year old girlfriend. this lasted two years. she told me at first she felt pressured with a relationship so i decided to not contact her and just let her be. Mind you i am in the army and almost done (in greece its mandatory for 9 months).

She knew i would have 2 weeks off at this time. and she called me. i picked up and she said that i really want to see you.
    I accept after talking for an hour on the phone about everything that happened in the lapse.
    so we go out and the second we sit at the cafe, she jumps on me kissing me and hugging me and reminding me what we had in the past. i was a bit sceptical at first but eventually i wanted to discuss what is going on because u cant just break up and then a month later just do this..
    She said i do like you and i do like being with you but i dont want to be rooted down by a relationship. The first thing i thought in my head is "wtf you want to see other people have sex and whatnot and i am one of them"?
    we discussed this and she said that we can both do what we want and can get together every now and then and have fun and talk after all we do obviously have feelings for eachother.

I dont know what to do. I really love this girl, and i really want to be with her but i am skeptical about being like this. She does love me and being with me as i can see it in her behavior around me and the way she looks at me when i talk and am there.

do i wait? do i not wait?
    should i set rules?

Please help me

you better ask your self, do you want to go in deeper relationship? or just happy with your current relationship stage. if you want to go deeper you better leave coz
    like she said, she do like being with you but dont want to rooted down by a relationship, mean she will kept the distance with you

Quote Originally Posted by geolink View Post
    do i wait? do i not wait?
    Wait for what? All she wants from you is a friends with benefits situation. If you can be fine with just that, then go ahead, but don't do it if you're just going along with it in hopes that it will lead to more. That will end in disaster (for you.) She's being pretty honest with what she wants. Take it or leave it.

If you want something more than what she laid out, like an actual caring and healthy monogamous relationship, I say you tell her straight up just as she told you what she wants. I say set some rules. Well just one. Its me, and just me, or its nothing. Tell her what your looking for and if she can't be it then you have to look somewhere else. Unless you just want her for a friends with benefits. But like someone said earlier, that will go nowhere.

good luck