Hello Forum,

Over the past year I have always had feelings for this one particular girl who is now my second best friend. The feelings just keep getting stronger and stronger. She is quite shy herself and extremely self conscious. However, she is still a very friendly person. This combination makes it very hard to tell whether she is flirting with you or not, especially throwing in that I am good friends with her.

My best friend is her best friend and he is gay. I meet both of them at the same time and we have all become very good friends since. She has know him for about 5 years and so they have a great friendship. However, I do notice that she sort of treats him like her boyfriend. I probably notice this more than other because I like her but it still stands. I should mention that she hasn't had a boyfriend before.

This makes things terribly complicated you see. I do my best to flirt with her but it's hard to tell whether her responses are genuine or not because of her personality and because she is a friend as well. My question to you is; What should I do? and has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanking you greatly,
Shylove