+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What Topics Interest Women?

What Topics Interest Women?

I'm still working on my conversational skills and my awkward shyness with women. I'm wondering what topics do women like to talk about (not among one another but topics that they can talk with a guy present). Something that your enthusiatic about of course.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

1. Themselves - the easiest topic to get them talking about. Ask a woman how her day went and that'll usually give you at least a good hours worth of material, if you just learn how to fill in your parts with the appropriate "mhm, that's interesting" "oh really?" "and how did that go?" etc.. Transitional phrases.

2. Celebrity gossip - I wouldn't necessarily recommend that you go do research on it or anything like that but I know its something most (not all) women are into.

3. Clothes, shoes, hair, i guess this kind of stuff could all go in one category.

4. Men.. although again I wouldn't recommend that one.

I can typically get enough out of the #1 thing I put that I don't need anything else. LOl.
    Be careful with your heart, because when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.

It depends on the kind of girl you're looking for, Henry. If you want a vapid pillowcase, talk to her about Brangelina and prime-time TV. If you want something a little more interesting, talk to her about politics.

Use conversation as a filter, Henry. If you talk about something you're really into and she doesn't respond, or worse, she doesn't even understand what you're talking about, she's not the right girl for you anyway.
    Spammer Spanker

Each girl has different interests. You have to think of questions that lead her to talk more about yourself. But if you make it sound too much like an interview she'll be put off. When people start asking me too many questions about myself I will find a way to spin it off myself and get him to talk.

I find that in conversations, the more interested of the two will do most of the talking about themselves. People like their mates to understand them, so if she is sharing it's good. But you want to find a common interest or at least a topic you can both converse on. Just relax.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

I appreciate the tips everyone. I think they will be quite helpful.
    Any more?
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.