+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help! Advice on girls

Help! Advice on girls

First, I want to thank all of you for taking the time to read this and giving me feedback and advices! Greatly appreciated!

So I've been chasing this girl for a while now. I make it pretty obvious that I like her. I would treat her to everything even when she insists on paying for herself. I buy her snacks she likes and sneak it in her bag without her knowing to surprise her. I always use the excuse "You like it more than I do and you wouldn't take it from me so I snuck it into your bag xD." She would always respond "you're so sneaky!! I'm treating you to food next time!"
    Right now I'm torn between asking her "the question" or just staying quiet because there's situations where I feel like she wants me to back off and doesn't want to get any closer to me. For instance, she goes to a college far away and is dorming, there's no snacks that she likes there, these snacks can only be bought where I live. So i offered to buy it for her and mail it to her but all my attempts failed. The first attempt was during the week of valentines when we were having a convo and somewhere along the convo she said "I've been a good girl" so I took the opportunity and responded, "yes you have, and good girls deserve chocolate!" Of course she said yes but when I said, give me your mailing address, I'll send you some! She immediately declined my offer. I spend the next 30 minutes trying to get her give me the complete address but failed. But we're still friends.
    Lately, we've been hanging out and studying together, we talk, we laugh. She talks a lot so I try to listen in and only speak after she's done and replying with a whitty comment here and there. I'm not sure if this is sending her a "I'm a good listener and I'm interested in what you're saying" or "I've got nothing to share" message. I can talk if I want to, but I'm much more interested in her, I want to listen to all she has to say.
    So I'm kind of torn right now, I was thinking about asking her 'the question' when we hangout next time, I kind of feel like she doesn't like me that way, but should I give it a go anyways? My friend said "you'll never know until you ask."

Depends on the question you plan to ask.

Have you been out together? If no ask her out. If yes, ask her out again and sometime during the date go for a kiss.

You will have all of your answers
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Yea, we hangout sometimes. We have a common interesting; swimming. Lol so we swim and eat, that's basically the routine. I asked her to go to the Museum of Sex with me when she comes back from college in a month or so, she said yes right away. But she's a very open person in general, I don't know if I should take that as a 'approach me' sign or just a friendly date and nothing more.

Nut up and ask her out, what "question" are you referring to? Just ask her out, make sure she knows its as more than friends and go from there.

real talk mo, i stop at "I would treat her to everything even when she insists on paying for herself. I buy her snacks" ... never pay, u look str sucka..... thats not how u bag chicks. u need swag and tha knowin of like "yea boi, i'm gonna smash tha tonight" nah mean?

Hmmm.. it's hard to say whether she's intersted in your or not, so you're right with the whole "you never know until you ask," thing.

If you're interested, go for it.. if it doesn't work out, not a big deal.

If I were you I'd chill out with the whole buying her snacks, attempting to send her snack care packages, etc.. if she's refusing and you're badgering her about it for a half hour you're probably making her extremely uncomfortable. Even the comments she makes when you sneak stuff to her sounds like a "trying to be nice," sort of response. No means no in just about every situation possible-- if you've tried this more than once, and she's still saying no, please stop. To add to that-- if she's not interested in you, she's probably saying no so she doesn't feel an obligation to you.

Sounds like a fat chick
    Relationships are never a threat, cause I'll Erase the history and act like we never met

--Joe Budden

Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    real talk mo, i stop at "I would treat her to everything even when she insists on paying for herself. I buy her snacks" ... never pay, u look str sucka..... thats not how u bag chicks. u need swag and tha knowin of like "yea boi, i'm gonna smash tha tonight" nah mean?
    Good advice ... just imagine how much better it would be in English!

You can't buy her affection with favors and gifts. She wants a man, not a puppy dog ... or a door mat. Forget "the question" you are way overpushing it. Ask her out on a real date, be nice, be confident. If she's interested, she'll give it a try. But right now, you are coming across as too strange for her to even trust you with her address! She's probably thinking that you might show up there uninvited some day. Girls usually try to avoid going out with potential stalkers so you need to do some damage repair first.

Carl.

If she were interested, she'd let you buy her things. She's trying to keep the boundaries clear.
    Spammer Spanker