+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The signs are all there, but my two time Ex is not taking the hook.

The signs are all there, but my two time Ex is not taking the hook.

Let me explain. About a year ago I had an on-again off-again girlfriend who we'll call Carey. She was a nice girl who I liked then, and now, a year later, it may be love. Anyways, we went out two times, once I dumped her another she dumped me. I moved away last summer, and I'm just now coming back.

She hasn't had any boyfriends since then, and she is a good looking, fairly popular girl. We've got to talking thru texting, and there is a HUGE amount of flirting. She even denied a guy to go out with her while we were texting, so I thought maybe she wants me back.

Well, we talked for about five or so days, and today she told me she thought I liked her. I did the usual song and dance, "I'll never tell." and all of that- not saying I didn't want her back, not saying I did. It all finally culminated around 7:00... She asked what I was up to, and why I sounded pissed. I bawled at her a little bit about why she keeps on asking me if I like her, and finally she just says, "I'm sorry, let's drop it."

I didn't really know what I was doing, but the man in me told me not to be a coward. So my reply was, "No, let's not. Will you go out with me?" A few tense minutes later I get a flat 'No.' (literally, nothing but No and a period..) and I just say thanks and bye. No more conversation.

What did I do wrong? Was I too forward, did I not give her enough time? I mean, we haven't even met face to face yet... Please, help. Any advice of what to say or how to salvage any bond we had is greatly appreciated.

Please, I'm a defensive linesman in highschool, I don't normally want to go to all this lubby-dubby stuff. But I've just got a feeling that I love her, like she might be the one. I know, yea, that most highschool love is never real... But please, just give me some advice.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Jimmyfinder; 31-05-09 at 02:35 PM.

Anyone? Please help!

Pretty obvious.. you pissed her off. She hurt you back.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyfinder View Post
    I mean, we haven't even met face to face yet...
    You've never met face to face?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I bawled at her a little bit about why she keeps on asking me if I like her, and finally she just says, "I'm sorry, let's drop it."
    She probably thought you were asking her out as a way of shutting her up about her asking if you like her or not.

If you were to do it again, do it in person.

"Will you go out with me?" is what you said,
    but she probably thought your subtext was,
    "Fine fine I give in."

If that makes any sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    You've never met face to face?
    We've met before, obviously, (we were in the same class and live near eeach other) it's just that I just now got into town after moving.

Meeting her face to face isn't an option at the moment. I was supposed to walk to her house (3 miles away) today, but obviously I took a rain-check on this one. Can anyone give me a tip about what to say to make things better and possibly get in the posistion to ask her out? We share a mutual friend, who is close to both of us, if that matters.

Also, I don't understand what an above poster meant by getting her to shut up? Maybe I'm not getting it, but I was genuinely annoyed by her asking me this so much. Yes, it was true, but I thought that we should keep on flirting for a while. I took her asking me if I liked her so much as a sign that she wanted me to ask her out, but I guess I was wrong, huh?
    Last edited by Jimmyfinder; 01-06-09 at 09:49 AM.

If it hasn't worked out twice before, why would it work out now?

What did I do wrong?
    This:

I did the usual song and dance, "I'll never tell." and all of that- not saying I didn't want her back, not saying I did. It all finally culminated around 7:00... She asked what I was up to, and why I sounded pissed. I bawled at her a little bit about why she keeps on asking me if I like her, and finally she just says, "I'm sorry, let's drop it."
    This was asinine and unflattering.
    Spammer Spanker

Scury.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...owl eyes