+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what the **** is wrong :(

what the **** is wrong :(

I'm new to this boards so this is my first post. I feel like shit right now because me and my girlfriend wont stop fighting. We keep getting angry over stupid things and we always end up fighting. We are fighting using text messages right now while i'm typing this. (lol) We started going out 8 months ago and we were so compatible, i don' know what in the blazes happened. It hurts so much thinking about it coz i love her but somethings just not right. And she had her period 3 days ago and i felt shattered because i thought she was pregnant and i was ready for it (she's 17, i 'm 18) I know i should be happy that we didnt have the "baby" but my mind was already set that she really is pregnant. And that i wouldn't leave her and that i will tell my parents and hers. It made our fighting worseNow i'm thinking of breaking up because we always fight and i am not happy anymore! I love her but i don't think our relationship will get any better from what it is right now. I'm thinking maybe shes just not the one for me and it hurts so much every time! I hate her too for not being clingy enough when we're around with other people.what should i do??????????????

Why do you think that you guys were ready for a baby? Are you working full-time? Do you make enough to support a new being? Does she? The notion of making a baby with someone you love is wonderful, but it can be a selfish decision too. Did you somehow thing that this child would have inspired you two to stop fighting and work together? That's a selfish responsibility to place on a child that has no decision as to whether or not it is brought into the world.

I think you need to get your priorities in order. If you guys are squabbling over "stupid things" and arguing via text, then you are NOT ready to bring a child into the world.

Communicate communicate!

Tell her what you told us here and see if she wants to work on the relationship...meaning work on it...change what is wrong and share a happy life together.

However...I don't understand how one minute you're ready for a baby and the next you want to break-up. Something is seriously wrong here. So maybe you want to take some time off to think about things and see what life is like without her.

You know that you don't have to settle with the first girl you've had sex with don't you? Don't let this be the only reason you stay toegther.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

If you aren't happy you can certainly try your best to work on things. Arguing isn't working on things, just to clarify. You have to want to turn this into a positive thing instead of the blame game, you need to do more of this, etc. etc. Don't raise your voice, don't get into stupid arguments over petty things, and just take a step back and really look at everything. You might even need some time on your own to really get shit in order, but do not do that unless it's very clear that she doesn't want to continue to work on things. It really takes two to fix this and that's if it's not beyond repair at this point already.

Start with identifying problems, and not just on her end, things you are donig wrong too. I think you have a suspicion on what you are doing wrong as well.

And yeah, you are definately not ready for a kid. I do not anything about you but the couple paragraphs you wrote above, but if you can't figure out what to do and how to handle this situation, I can't imagine you are ready to raise a kid. You ever watch that show Teen Mom? Does that look glamorous to you? Be thankful that she ended up with a late period (which could be from stress ya know!).
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Saying you are ready to have a baby at 18 is unbelievable ... people think having babies is like having a cat...

Sit down and talk to her. No use of being in a panic mode. It sounds like you are in one as you thought that she was pregnant for just having a period. Sit down, relax and think things over before you act.

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    Saying you are ready to have a baby at 18 is unbelievable ... people think having babies is like having a cat...
    Sadly it seems to be the norm in the UK these days. Kids having kids.....:|

No need for them to be working, the taxpayer keeps them.

To the OP. I think the LAST thing you and her need to be considering, is bringing a child into this world.

You both sound like a pair of squabbling kids yourselves!

I think you both need to GROW UP first!!!!!!