+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl trust issues?

Girl trust issues?

So shes 20 i'm 21, I've been going out with her for the past 5 months and we do everything a couple does like holding hands, kissing, and we have even had sex. So after all that I asked her to be my gf and she said she wants to take things slow because her last bf was her first everything including losing her virginity to him and he treated her like crap and he even told her he had just used her. She said he broke her heart and she doesn't want to fall in love with me and I just leave her so she said maybe in the future. So I was like okay.

So last sunday she wanted me to meet her family so i went to meet them and then me and her watched a movie, Then out of nowhere her ex starts texting her and calling her. This ofcourse got me wondering and it did piss me off a little so I asked her about it and she said she is over him and told him to stop. So what can be going through this girls head, could she be playing me? Or should i just break it off or should i keep pursuing her? I need advice. Also when i met her she was the one who made the first move by asking for my number and pursuing me, I really didn't want anything with her but eventually I started to fall for her so now I'm really confused!
    THANK YOU!!!!

It looks like the girl has trouble breaking away her feeling with her ex. She is using you to cope(not in an intentional way) with her current situation. You are the "guy after" and so maybe giving her time would be good, but it could effect you in a long run if she never can get over her ex and you are interested in other girls. Since she is not ready, I suggest you play the field. You guys are not really "official yet" so if she's still in contact with her ex, then it's ok for you to date other girls, but if you feel she's completely for you, then you'll know.

Don't obligate yourself to feel like a boyfriend to this girl when she pretty much told you she doesnt want you as a boyfriend. Even if she really REALLY likes you youre still a rebound.
    She obviously needs some time to get over her ex. In the meantime keep up your search for a girlfriend thats NOT her and dont hide it and pussyfoot around. That will show her that you dont want to be the stepped on unofficial-boyfriend boyfriend. Why should she be able to date around and flirt but not you? dont get stuck in that situation and dont toss yourself in the friend zone.

5 months and you aren't official? Tell her you want some commitment, or you are moving on! What are you supposed to do, sit around and wait for her to come around? How long is it going to take her to trust you? I would be out of there if I were you. She has trust issues and obviously isn't ready for a relationship if that is what you are after.

Wow somehow I skipped the 5 months. Seriously, 5 months?!!
    The first step is to admit to yourself that you are BEING USED.
    You are being used as emotional comfort, convenience, for sex and comfort.

Seriously as long as you are with this girl like this you are going to continue to feel like shit. Do yourself a favor and detach her completely from your life. There are people that are going to want to be with you and love you and date you for you but you arent doing yourself any favors being dragged around by this chick