Hi,

I posted a while back regarding my current girlfriend - make a long story short: she was in only one serious relationship before myself. She dated this guy for 3 years, she lost her virginity to him, and they were eventually engaged to be married. Things didn't work out and about 1yr later we met and have been going out for about 3-4 months now.
I had mentioned in my last post that this guy was still trying to contact her and she was still in touch with his parents. I had a talk with her on how this was inappropriate and all of this has stopped and I feel that we are going pretty strong now.

However, there are times when she will argue with me because she thinks that 'I don't like her anymore'. I mean there are times when I would be chatting with my female friends and she will get really jealous and start fighting with me.... I can deal with the jealously but it's just that she starts thinking that I'm going to end up like her ex (who was untrustworthy according to her). I've told her not to compare me to him - that it's not fair to me.

I know it takes time for people to heal but sometimes I wonder if you were with your first love like she was: lost her virginity to him and wanted to marry him... do you every get over it? It's difficult for me to know that this guy made such an impact on her that she can't get over it. There are times that I feel I can't trust her because it seems like she's always thinking of him. Please help.