+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My horrific break-up situation

My horrific break-up situation

okay so this might be a little long....and have a lot of run on sentences...and some things will be misspelled...i am just very emotional right now and my friend told me to come on here and let it all out....okay so here begins the story...

I have been with my boyfriend...well ex...still getting used that one....for almost 2 years....we have lived together the entire time and have shared so many things together....see i am a person with alot of issues...and most people cant deal with the issues...but he was the first person to actually understand me.....and that was the greatest feeling ever....i felt like i could bare my soul to him...and things would be okay.....

i stuck by that man through so much crap....i forgave him the honest mistakes he made....i helped him out when he lost his job.....stayed with him through his depression and not having money....i was by his side day and night when he had his heart surgerey....didnt leave the hospital.....i help him through his recovery....and paid all our bills by myself without even a blink an eye.....he made me feel things i never felt before...i can honestly say i have never been that happy....

he was the kinda guy you rarely find....open all doors for me....and not just in the beginning....he still opens all doors for me....called me beautiful....on our first dated he asked to be excused from the table so he coulc use the restroom....i mean he was such a gentleman....treated me better than i ever knew possible...our relationship was crazily in love....i am talking i was so set....i just knew in my heart he was the one

well ....we have been living together for a year and half....and a week ago he started acting strange...not calling on his breaks....not giving me a kiss when he got home......i knew he was depressed because he has to get his heart looked at again....so to cheer him up i went out and bought his christmas present early....which was a very expensive ipod that plays video....i tried to give it to him and this is what he said...."i cannot accept that because its not christmas and............".....he then just stopped....but i knew...i knew what the rest of that sentence was....my heart shattered....but we talked and he said he wasnt happy...and listed many things that i do wrong....so for the next three days i improved on all those things....and things were looking up.....well the day before my birthday i wrote him a love letter....explaining all the reason i love him so much and all the reason i believe in our relationship.....i got done reading it and asked him what he thought....he looked at me and was like "it was okay"....and then asked me if i honestly thought it would work....and basically told me he hadnt been happy for months...and that we were over.....but hes sorry for hurting me...and sorry for ruinging my life

well lets fast forward to today...my birthday and current situation....so we are still living together....going on night three...he sleeps in the living room..i sleep in the bedroom....i want to move out like now....so i can move on....but i cant bring myself to get out of here....cant let go....its like i am stuck in fantasy land that this is not happening....plus i am taking him to his heart test thing tomorrow...thats gonna be so painful.....i am just hurting soooo bad i cant exlplain...and i cant get over it....i know its only been two days....but....i dont know...happy birthday to myself i suppose.....sorry this was so long.....my friend told me this was a real good place to let it all out....thanks if you took the time to read this

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ouch.

Birthdays suck.

It really sound like he doesnt want to make it work. I know it would be hard for you to really say goodbye to him because i think you truly love him. It it happened too me and my bf i would be really crushed i cant give you the greatest advice. I wish you the best in whatever you decide to you but if he dropping you leave the house you cant live with your bf thats would be too painful.

I know i cant live with him.....the past two days have been killing me....but i have to pack....and now theres a bad snow storm coming...so i at least cant start leaving until friday....god thats three more days...you i think its going to be the hardest to pack up that first box(a special friend helped me with that)....but also the last box will be the worst....oh....i just dont know....this whole situation sucks....

This whole situation is all too familiar to me. They just fall out of love. Wtf is that anyways? Its screwed up but I have been forced to accept it. Its prolly going to be the hardest thing you have gone through to date. The key is seeing your whole life ahead of you, and realizing what it could hold. We don't need them to make us happy. We can be happy on our own. You are not alone and have people who care about you and would do anything for you. You will grieve and you will hurt but you will become stronger and wiser. What you have to do is move out as soon as possible then cut contact completely. Dont look back. One day at a time.

It comes in waves as you already know. At first I would get terrible waves of complete despair and hopelessness. The realization is to much to handle all at once so your mind/heart takes it in small amounts. In time, I promise it will get a little bit easier everyday. And you will be ok. I have been through this before and I am going through it again right now and I am still here.

Possibly write down what you feel then put it aside. Also another thing I wish I would have done when it happened is to make sure NOT to chase after them. Don't try and get them back because more than likely you will only push them away. I hope you find the strength to pull through this and learn something you will use later on in your life. Be strong now more than ever and Always look foward! Like my fortune cookie told me the other day: "Instead of dwelling on the past, move foward constructively." Indeed.

Varulfr-
    "Ay, doesn't make much sense does it?

It does happen though, mate. Soemtimes things just... fall apart. Don't take it personally, you have to realize that there are chemicals going on that have a lot to work on this sort of this. Love can die over time...

There's also the whole "In love with being in love" thing...

Frankly, if you've been dumped the only way to deal with it is to keep your head high, stare straight into the wind, and tell Fate to back off before you give em a fat lip.

Good luck, keep your head high, and remember that old saying about fish and all that."

Varulfr's post really helped me through my tough times. I just thought maybe it could help you too.

Heres a few things that I try to keep in mind:

"Think of all the things you have to be happy about, and don't think about the past. We cannot change the past, but we can enjoy today, and look to the future.

Look around you and learn to experience the beauty of nature. Notice the new green leaf, the small flowers, the wide expanse of sky above you.

If everyone was happy all the time, the word "happy" wouldn't even exist. So when you're feeling down, remember that you'd never know what it's like to be happy if you didn't have those moments. "
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

You've got to get out of there, like SOON. Do you have anywhere to go? Anyone who could come and help you? I totally understand that you're probably so devastated right now that you can't crawl back up out of that hole long enough to even pack a bag and come back for the rest later.

You need help. Zach, help her.
    Spammer Spanker

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by glitterballs200 View Post
    I know i cant live with him.....the past two days have been killing me....but i have to pack....and now theres a bad snow storm coming...so i at least cant start leaving until friday....god thats three more days...you i think its going to be the hardest to pack up that first box(a special friend helped me with that)....but also the last box will be the worst....oh....i just dont know....this whole situation sucks....
    Well, stop by any time you want. It's not much, but you have us.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

hey babes, don't really know what to say but I feel for you. Hope things get better, and I know its not much but a b'day wish from downunder is still something to die for. really, its no joke. and for you its free. Happy Birthday! and Chin up.
    ..the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best ..

-- Henry Van Dyke

hey Kid,

Do not worry.. Your man wants to be left alone for some time, try to communicate your feelings to him via a cordial talk. Ask him the next time he is around if he is willing to talk to you for 10 minutes.. If he says yes.. be polite.. talk to him about how you feel.. what is the reason for the change.. does he need anything else.. does he want to have a break.. during which he would realize you.. may be now he knows that u love him a lot and he is taking you for granted.. may be when u are not around.. he will feel your absence.. use the time that you have got now to think about the mistakes that you have done.. if you need more advice.. you may send me an PM and i will be able to help you..

He used you as a crutch. And when he was emotionally/financially ready, he threw the crutch away.

Happens at least once to everybody. Chin up and get the hell outta there, it can only go up from here.
    I do not claim to have all of the answers and it is your choice if you listen/help me or not. All I request is that you read my post and think it through.

Chin up!!

That's right! Chin up!! Do not beg for answers, do not even try to understand it cause the more you wanna talk about it, trying to "fix things" the more he'll drift away. I read an article the other day that was written by a guy saying that: Once a guy dumps you, you should just walk away. Do not put up a fight, appearantly he will respects you and well, maby realise at that point that he's making a mestake! Which I completely agree with. Like they say: "If you love something let it go, if it comes back it's yours, if not, it never was yours to have"

So, let him go peacefully, besides there's probably something way better waiting for you anyway.

I wish you all the luck!!

I dont think you should try and communicate with him AT ALL! Get out of there and step by step you will recover. I am here for you. We are here for you. Lots of people are here to help you back out of this hole. We care. Keep your chin up and keep moving foward.

Call me, You know Im here to help you with everything. Work till 4:45.
    Last edited by Zach; 07-12-06 at 12:29 AM.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I dont think you should try and communicate with him AT ALL! Get out of there and step by step you will recover. I am here for you. We are here for you. Lots of people are here to help you back out of this hole. We care. Keep your chin up and keep moving foward.

Call me, You know Im here to help you with everything.
    Good advice.

thank you all for your adivce...and i totally agree with the "i need to get out of this house asap thing".....i mean my mind agrees.....but my heart is not so logical....but i thought i would give you an update on how a sucky situation just got worse....so remember how i said i had to take him to that heart doctor thing today....well....that was the most horrible situation i think i have ever put my heart through....then we got the bad news that his heart surgery he had six months ago didnt work.....they have to totally replace the the vavle this time and another valve isnt working...so they are going to send him to some far away hositpal because i guess this a complicated surgery....because of all the scar tissue and they have to work on two valves.....so not only was my heart breaking....but i just wanted to hold him and tell it was going to be okay....and i told him i would be there for him....even go to cleveland with him if i had.....why do i do this to myself......i just love him so much....regardless of the pain he is putting me through i still care for him and want to be there for him.....its so confusing....but no matter what happens...i told him i am still moving out on friday....so one night down and two to go.....

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If it is his health you are worried about, if he really has been unhappy these last few months, it might be better for his health once you go.

I think you should get going, sweety. At most, you might call one of his relatives for an update on his health.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast