+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I did it! Now I need some help. No contact?

I did it! Now I need some help. No contact?

So I just ended a one and a half year long relationship. It was the 2nd time we have broken up. She broke up with me the first time because I didn't have my priorities straight. since we had been back together she stopped putting forth effort but still wanted to stay in the relationship with me.

Its going on 3 days now. I miss her so much. I am starting to regret leaving her. I'm always thinking about her, wondering what she's doing, if the reason she acted the way she did was because she had a new guy, if its worth talking to her again.

So what im asking is, should i even attempt to make contact with her? If so, when? Will she change her ways and put forth the effort like she once did? I know i made a change after the first break up...do you think she will?

Or should I just never look back and keep going in the direction I am.

Only you can decide whether you have a future with this woman or not. If you need some guidance, talk to trusted friends, or consider talking to a counselor (some employers provide independent counseling as a benefit-- check if yours does).

The fact that this is the second break up suggests that there are underlying issues. Did the two of you go to anyone else for help with your relationship struggles?

On the note of no contact, I would give it a solid week. If you're going to reconcile, at least get the clarity (on your own) to know that this is the woman you want to be with. If your relationship is doomed, the only way to start moving on is to get some breathing room and start doing the things you enjoy-- this will help you focus on self-development, rather than dwelling in the gloom that lingers after a break up.

Good luck to you!

You're not ready to decide if you really miss her yet. Right now, you're just all upset from the breakup. You need at least three weeks of no contact before you can decide if you want to try again.
    Spammer Spanker