+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I contact him?

Should I contact him?

Okay, I was dating this guy for 2 months. Due to distance we didn't see eachother that often but we communicated almost every day. Mostly initiated by him. He came on strong in the beginning, we were intimate, and it kinda all fizzled out after a month and a half. He called less, didn't make plans to see me. One day I contacted him, I was just excited that I was invited for a jobinterview I would have in 2 day's. The next day, the day before the jobinterview I got an e-mail of him saying: "I came to the conclusion my feelings for you are more friendly instead of romantic." But would like to keep in touch.

That was a huge slap in my face, a day before my jobinterview. And well I had developed special feelings for this guy, so ofcourse sad that he doesn't want to keep dating me. I responded in a kind way, thanking him for honesty but that I need some space now if we would continue a friendship.

A week later he returned a magazin I gave him (to keep), by mail with a note: "I thought it would show good manners to return you this magazin, hope you are doing okay, love T."

I've been in NC now for 4 weeks. And this past week I caught him checking my website a few times. It seems that he does care a bit?

Should I keep NC or is it okay to initiate just a friendly talk and see where it goes?

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Tbh I think this doesn't really sound like it's going anywhere and who knows the reason!! Perhaps it was just simply you're not his type.
    I think its important to not take it personally as everyone is looking for certain qualities in their respective partner... perhaps you just ticked different boxes?!

Move on and don't think too much into the whole 'checking the website' bit... he's just being curious I guess.

Keep things in perspective. You sound like a nice girl