+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I move on ?

Should I move on ?

Hi everyone ! ~
    I'm very conflicted and hoping for your advices. (Sorry for my bad english.)

So. First I need to explain the basis of this story. I met this boy, Adrien, during my first year of highschool. I'm really shy and introvert, but we became friends very quickly, and I developped a hudge crush on him. We talked everyday, and everything was fine. Many people told me he also had a crush on me. But at this time, I felt too "childish" to go out with someone. So I didn't do anything.

The next year, we were still close. I was seriously thinking of asking him out. But one day, he told me "Oh I'm going out with someone haha". I knew it was my fault, I should have take action so I just accepted the truth. But even if he was taken, he still complimented me, etc... I thought it was awful for his girlfriend and me, so I started to distance myself. We didn't very talk anymore. But I just couldn't get over him. My eyes couldn't stop to look after him, and I was full of regrets. They were kissing everywhere, everytime. It was terrible, but what could I do ? I just tried to move on, but I couldn't.

And now, one year later, they still are together. However, I learned that his girlfriend is cheating on him, and he doesn't love her. Adrien's best friend told me that Adrien never loved her, and he decided to go out with her because Adrien thought I frienzoned him. (even if he never asked anything.) He also told me Adrien was still in love with me. So yeah. Stupid right ? My friends keep telling me I should go tell him everything, but I can't, because even if they don't love each other, they still are a couple. His girlfriend doesn't want to quit him, and if I take action, it would ruin my whole group of friends. And it would go against my principles. Adrien contacted me two days ago, I don't know why. We are talking again like friends but I'm just lost.

After all this time and pain, I'm just tired. Everything is so complicated and I'm not sure anymore of my feelings. I just want to let it go. This whole situation is so unhealthy, it broke something. I mean, Adrien's best friend (Théo) is going out with my best friend, Emilie. And Adrien's girlfriend is also a very good friends with my own friends.

And in the same time, the last week, I started to get close with a classmate. We aren't this close, but we talked about very personal things. He is funny and really interesting. I'm really curious about him and I want to know him better.

So, my question is, what do you think of this whole mess ? Should I move on ?

Thanks for reading so far, and really sorry for my bad grammar. I hope your eyes aren't destroyed haha !

My honest opinion is that you should just have a talk with him. Talk to him about all these things you're hearing about him and talk to him about your feelings. This is the the first and most important step: confrontation.
    If this doesn't produce any results, and he is still with this girl, move on! Don't make the mistake of pining and waiting for Adrrien when you are missing out on the opportunity of talking with other guys.
    Now, I understand confrontation can be hard, especially when it's with someone you are so close with. While you muster the courage to do this, in the meantime, test the waters with this new guy. Figure out whether or not he's worth the time, and you can go from there. Who knows? Maybe you'll realize later down the road that this new guy is someone who you could see yourself in a relationship with, more than you ever could with Adrien.

how do you want you love life to be from now on?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

you need to ask your self with whom you will be happy, if adrein can go with another girl just by thinking you friendzoned him, he can also leave you and go with another girl even after you both get in a relationship, so be careful dear.